cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Office 365 MS Teams Audio Conferencing not available

In reaching out to both GoDaddy and Microsoft - apparently it's not possible to upgrade MS Teams to where you can add audio conferencing dial-in capabilities to Teams meetings for simply $4/mo/user. According to Microsoft, GoDaddy doesn't allow this upgrade because they aren't setup to bill that type of item yet under their syndicated Office 365 plans that they license from Microsoft. This would be a great solution during the current COVID-19 crisis, as Zoom and other solutions are insecure or too expensive. MS Teams is a great solution but lacks dial-in meeting numbers like Zoom and others have by default. GoDaddy should allow this upgrade to happen.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Manager

Thank you all for your feedback. I will definitely pass your sentiments along to our 365 product team. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Community Manager

Hi @mattsc. Thanks for posting. We're in the process of moving all 365 users to Microsoft's CSP platform, and allowing OAC access there. More information on that in this post. I would guess that once that takes place, you should be able to make the upgrade as needed. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Jesse, is there a timeline for this migration? When will we know the timeline for our specific account. We are trying to migrate from multiple platforms into MS teams and do not have access to add meetings/audio call in and some of the other features we would like. 

Hi @amcharlton. Unfortunately there isn't a timeframe in general or in specific for accounts. Sorry. I will pass along your feedback though. 

Hi Jesse - respectfully, if there isn't a time frame, there isn't a plan, just hand waving.  This is a big issue for a lot of us - if we can't get specific information (or even some broad generalizations that we can apply to manage expectations) we will need to migrate off of Godaddy entirely.

Community Manager

Thanks for your feedback @Appsuite. I can understand how you'd feel that way. I can assure you the plan is to do as I said above. Even the best laid plans can run into snags and delays. There may be an internal timeframe for the product team, but not something I can share here right now. Obviously you need to do what's best for your business. We'd hate to see you go, and our product team is doing all they can to make improvements. If the current configuration we have for our 365 accounts is not working for you and it makes sense for you to move on, we wish you the best of luck.

Jesse, I've always felt that Go Daddy did a very good job.  However, having a feature set that is less than what we can get from Microsoft is an EPIC FAIL.  As some of the other posters here have mentioned, having audio conferencing is a fundamental capability that is needed to operate a web meeting or webinar.  I have been asking for over two years for the audio conferencing feature and as also mentioned, Go Daddy has had a weak response at best. 

We am currently in the process for moving ALL of our Office 365 accounts from Go Daddy directly to Microsoft.  It's a HUGE pain in the but but to migrate the email boxes my employees are starving for this capability.  And equally challenging is that we can't run a webinar using teams "Live Events" with our current license through Go Daddy.  The requirement for this capability is not driven by the recent Covid19 work from home scenarios, but it is certainly exacerbated by it.

Community Manager

Thank you all for your feedback. I will definitely pass your sentiments along to our 365 product team. 

View solution in original post