cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Outlook Premium & Personalized email address

Hi. I am looking to move my email to Outlook as currently pay for Office Premium Family as well as for actual mailboxes elsewhere, so seems a waste of money.

Microsoft offer the ability with premium to use them for your mailbox, seems sensible as get 50gb mailbox included per family member. On the instructions at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/get-a-personalized-email-address-in-microsoft-365-75416a5... it seems fairly straight forward unless you want to use alias email addresses.

My question I am hoping someone may know the answer to. I get that I can not add multiple email addresses to my Outlook inbox in this manner but if I link the domain to Microsoft do I still have control within GoDaddy to set up simple forwarding email addresses on GoDaddy side?  I use a few alias email addresses, and I don't want to loose this ability. I can't use Office for Business as have kids accounts set up which use it for Xbox and a business account doesn't work with things like that 😞

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Employee

Hello @paulwuk ,

We’re happy to have you as part of the Community.  Welcome!  To answer your question, a single domain can only have one set of MX (mail) records.  Within your Microsoft email though you should be able to create those aliases that are similar to forwarding addresses.  But, if you have another domain, you could set up forwarding to go to the domain that you have set up with Microsoft. Please let us know if this was helpful.  😁

Sales and Support available 24/7 via phone or chat

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Employee

Hello @paulwuk ,

We’re happy to have you as part of the Community.  Welcome!  To answer your question, a single domain can only have one set of MX (mail) records.  Within your Microsoft email though you should be able to create those aliases that are similar to forwarding addresses.  But, if you have another domain, you could set up forwarding to go to the domain that you have set up with Microsoft. Please let us know if this was helpful.  😁

Sales and Support available 24/7 via phone or chat

View solution in original post