cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Problem with email forwarding

Hi all,

I have just set up a test (free) forwarding account for my domain to my Gmail account. It does not seem to be working, as emails sent to the new account aren't being received in Gmail.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Luis

17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Problem with email forwarding

Hi,

Yes, try setting up a different account rather than Gmail. For a test, ask a friend who has another account rather than Gmail, if you can use his email address to test. You will probably find it then works. It has been noticed that Godaddy servers (in the past, don't know about now) don't like Gmail for some reason. I don't know why, support didn't know why, but it was me who figured it out and told them. Don't wish to sound fantastic, but credits due but was never forthcoming, lol such is life.

I need to forward a copy of all outgoing emails to another email account that uses the exchange server.  Can someone tell me how to set that up?

Thanks in advance.

New

Thanks for your reply. Those are bad news. Gmail must be one of the most used email servers in the world (if not THE most used). That would be a real limitation.

Thanks again (and kudos for discovering the problem).

Luis

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you luis58,

I certainly pulled some hair out over this one. I actually would rather forget how I scrapped and rewrote my self coded PHP mail handling forms, so, so many times thinking therein lies the fault. 

Then one of those funny thoughts popped into my head.

Sherlock Holmes (yes I know he's fictional, but..) had once said:

"If you have tried all the logical explanations and yet the problem still seems impossible......next try the impossible"

So I tried setting up a Yahoo email address........ and it worked! There was nothing wrong with my code after all. I was so happy I phoned up Godaddy support to tell them the good news after having spent such time on the phone to them.

They probably wrote that little gem down in their manual..... somewhere. But there won't be a mention of me 😞 lol 

Take it easy friend.

New
Solution

Rammsteinium,

Last night I called GoDaddy's support line, they (technical support) made some internal "adjustments", and I was told that the problem should have been solved.

I tried again today without any luck. After a second call I discovered that I was doing my testing wrong:

I had set up a new forwarding account (e.g. new_f@mydomain.com) using as a recipient my Gmail account (e.g. my_email@gmail.com). In order to test if this was working properly, I tried to send an email to new_f@mydomain.com from my_email@gmail.com, assuming that I would get the test message back into my Gmail inbox. Wrong! It seems I cannot send an email from Gmail to a forwarding address that "translates" to the originating Gmail account. BUT, if I try to send an email from another_email@gmail.com to new_f@mydomain.com, I receive the message into my_email@gmail.com without any problem.

So it seems that it is doable. I do not know what those "internal adjustments" were. Maybe if I had tried using another Gmail account before I made the first call it would have worked all right. Who knows?

Regards,

Luis

Hi All

I'm a bit new to Office 365, plus a quite steep but fun learning curve for web design, but i seem to be having issue with the email forwarding. I will try to explain.

I can receive emails to my info@mydomain.co.uk but they will not forward to my email account and to my workmates so 3 accounts in total, I have already looked through the forums but there must be something i have missed.

Any advice or handholding with my problem i will gratefully receive 🙂

Bait and Switch, email forwarding was part of buying a domain as a free credit, now they wish to charge £35 per year for a simple email account.

email forwarding is free with 123-reg and free with crazydomains

Problems forwarding to gmail accounts is just a redefinition of the problem. Does anyone have a solution?

Hi folks,

The chat agents are currently unavailable and there is 23 minutes waiting time for an international call...
So hopefully the community can help!

For a .nl domain the Free Account forwarding with domain is working perfectly.
For a transferrerd .nl domain the Free Account forwarding with domain is giving errors after a few minutes...

Steps to reproduce:

• Manage email
  • Forwarder created
  • Hoover above e-mail account it takes a few seconds to show the e-mail setup center icon.
  • E-mail is working for a few minutes.
  • Hoover above e-mail account it does'nt show the e-mail setup center icon anymore.
  • E-mail is not working after a few minutes.
  • Your message wasn't delivered because the address couldn't be found.
  • When I change the plan to the other Free Account forwarding with domain it is working smoothly.

All ideas are welcome!

Thanks in advance,

Arjan

Hi,

I have two domains setup and want to setup a forwarding account so that any emails sent to either domain are forwarded onto another email account elsewhere. As far as I'm aware this should be possible and already included for free? However when I select the 'Create Forward' button in the workspace control centre I'm getting a message appear over the top saying that I need to buy more forwarding addresses. Is this correct and if so what do I need to buy to add a forwarding address even though I thought that this was free anyway?

Thanks

Hi,

I have two domains setup and want to setup a forwarding account so that any emails sent to either domain are forwarded onto another email account elsewhere. As far as I'm aware this should be possible and already included for free? However when I select the 'Create Forward' button in the workspace control centre I'm getting a message appear over the top saying that I have no available forwarding accounts, and need to buy more forwarding addresses. Is this correct and if so what do I need to buy to add a forwarding address even though I thought that this was free anyway?

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! This was exactly my issue 🙂
When I sent from a different gmail account than the one that I have my email forwarded to, it worked.

Similar issue to others.  I have two domains and an info@ email forward setup to the O365 email accounts within my small business.  The forwards used to work but now they just give a bounce back as non-deliverable.  Has something happened with the recent spoofing login Microsoft rolled out that might be interfering with email forwards?  This is quite frustrating as the control panel confirms they are setup properly (and I have not changed anything in months)

Advocate I

make sure you have MX Records as follows in your dns settings:

Host: @
Points to: smtp.secureserver.net
Priority: 0
TTL: 1hr

Host: @
Points to: mailstore1.secureserver.net
Priority: 10
TTL: 1hr

That fixed everything for me.

Problems with email forward account

This fixed the problem of forwarding accounts forwarding to a gmail account not delivering. Started working like a charm within minutes of adding these two MX records