Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
HIBD
Novice

SPAM from secureserver.net

Good Day,

We have several users that have all received malicious emails from: SECURITY.ALERT@a2nlwpweb129.prod.iad2.secureserver.net

As an IT admin, I do not want to blacklist GoDaddy's secureserver.net, so how should I proceed to keep our users safe?

Thanks for your time and assistance.

-Mike

Message Header:

Message-ID: <b8dbcbc3068040991bc1a4cf67d2c4a3@smithcoservices.com>
 <SECURITY.ALERT@a2nlwpweb129.prod.iad2.secureserver.net>

5 REPLIES

Re: SPAM from secureserver.net

Hi @HIBD

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Please use this form to report the email address you believe to be spam. 

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
HIBD
Novice

Thank you for your response.

I used the link that you provided to report the email as a PHISHING email (since that category matched the best). Unfortunately, this does not provide me with a solution on how I can blacklist the sender to stop these malicious emails being sent from GoDaddy's email server. It seems to me like a vulnerability in the email service that GoDaddy provides to its customers.

Any additional information or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

-Mike

Hi @HIBD

Filling out the abuse form is the best action you can take. Our abuse team will reach out to you only if additional information is needed. In regards to your server, I suggest adding the email address to the blacklist within your users email accounts.

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Blacklisting email address won't help much. I received 3 spam emails from 3 different email addresses, all using secureserver.net to send.

The spammer just assumed that my domain has a info@my-domain.com address or sales@my-domain.com address, which doesn't exist on my mail server. They don't even go to the contact page of my website.

One thing I found is that secureserver.net is not in the SPF record of the spammer's domain. The spammer is using GoDaddy hosting. The spam emails were originated from the server that hosts the spammer's website, relayed through secureserver.net SMTP server.

Kenwood850
Novice

I wouldn't waste my time submitting information using the form referenced above.   I filled it out completely with content, full header, and from address for the same spammer several times over two weeks and the spam kept on coming.  Apparently secureserver.net is white listed on the DNSBLs I use so I finally gave up and added secureserver.net to my access.db file - and there it will stay until a user complains about not receiving mail.