Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, August 4th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
p3aul
Getting Started

This old help for setting up GD webaccounts out of date

have tried using this help: https://www.godaddy.com/help/set-up-my-email-using-thunderbird-4878

with the latest versions of Thunderbird but it doesn't work. I have used imap.secureserver.net and pop.secureserver.net. I have tried to use smtp.secureserver and my cox smptout.cox.net  address. none of it works.  I did manage to set my cox.net address.  I tried copying the settings over to my godaddy webmail account I was trying to create but that didn't work either.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @p3aul,

It looks like you are using WorkSpace email. If you are using WorkSpace you cannot use cPanel email for the same domain, a domain can't have two different types of email services. I'd recommend trying to manually configure your email for Thunderbird. Hope that helps!

Lisi - GoDaddy | Community Moderator | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Lisi

Hi @p3aul,

Thank for being a part of GoDaddy Community! I'm sorry to hear you are having a hard time setting up your email. Are you using WorkSpace or cPanel email? If you are using cPanel email then it would be different settings. Feel free to provide more details for others in the Community, they may be able to provide additional suggestions.

Lisi - GoDaddy | Community Moderator | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
p3aul
Getting Started

Thanks for replying! Well to be honest I don't know which it was. I get 500 email accounts with my deluxe hosting account and this divided by godaddy into 5 blocks of 100 each.  I chanced upon this page to create and download my email accounts.Capture.JPGIn the past, before my computer crashed I was always able to create new accounts in Thunderbird with out a problem. I sense that somehow I may have mixed up webmail and cpanel email an therein may lie the problem but I don't know what the difference is and how to go about creating one or the other. What is the difference and how many accounts can I have of each one?

Thanks,

Paul

p3aul
Getting Started

p3aul
Getting Started

So why can't I get some help on this?

p3aul
Getting Started

Well What I read between the lines is that I should run from Godaddy as fast as I can. It's absurd that Godaddy has changed email so that it no longer works with thunderbird the only free desktop email client left!

Hi @p3aul,

It looks like you are using WorkSpace email. If you are using WorkSpace you cannot use cPanel email for the same domain, a domain can't have two different types of email services. I'd recommend trying to manually configure your email for Thunderbird. Hope that helps!

View solution in original post