Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CHeMnCaFe
Getting Started

Small Town Coffee Shop - let's chat over a cup of coffee

Hi.  I'm a new small biz owner; opened a coffee shop in a small town (under 10k) and 8 months in...BAM...COVID-19.  Ouch!  We've switched to takeout or delivery only for the time being, and only time will tell how well we will survive.  We have some products for sale (mugs, tee's, and coffee) and are putting content together to finish that webpage project that we have yet completed.  Any input from others, small and big are greatly appreciated! 

Monica Nava
7 REPLIES 7
CoachGeo
New

Just received inspiration for myself...Watched Gary Vee (Veynerchuck) on
YouTube... inspired to provide valuable content and presence on instagram
linkedin YouTube and Twitter and Blog that makes each small business
entreprenueur stand out for high touch...not traditional marketing... that
drives people to want to find value in what we can provide and want to
enjoy the privilege to do business with us.

Perhaps it is like the entertainment business and not just product delivery
or price...but the value of connection between us that drives us to create
a lasting mutually satisfying profitable evolutionary business.

Watch Gary Vee...on You Tube....What do you think?

GEO

GREAT advice - I've been a fan of Gary V for a few years - he's helped me through the months of preparing my plan.  I have gotten a lot from his valuable advice.  I'll look for that video- thanks so much for replying and keeping me motivated!!!! 

Monica Nava
JesseW
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing your struggles @CHeMnCaFe. That's a tough spot to be in for sure. Best of luck to you. I hope you're able to stick it out. 

That's a fascinating name. I'm guessing it's a play on the periodic table but would love to hear your inspiration 😊

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give likes.

Thanks so much for your well wishes!!!  

Yep, the name is definitely a play on the periodic table - it was my design idea to incorporate a 'cool' educational theme.  I have beakers and flasks with plants in them 🙂  

Monica Nava
rd
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

I work with a small market share coffee cafe (less than twenty (20) seats. I started doing their POS and website a year and half ago or so. One of the things we did for them was exactly what you did, selling merchandise. We did something that you did not mention however, we started doing branded k-cups for them. Businesses buy them by the case and they are selling then all over. Now it is their main source of revenue. They have even setup in office deliveries to keep clients filled on a subscription basis. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

CHeMnCaFe
Getting Started

Wow! I hadn't considered the k-cups @rd.  From what I was told, k-cups use 'stale' coffee due to the carbon dioxide emitted when the beans are ground waiting period for the gas to emit, so I wasn't 'all in' on that...BUT there are SO many people that do use k-cups.  The roaster I use has them as well, so maybe...just maybe...does the shop do private labeling?  I'd be interested in more info if you wouldn't mind emailing me: chemncafe@gmail.com thank YOU  

Monica Nava
rd
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

The term k-cups is kind of like Kleenex @CHeMnCaFe. There are a lot of companies that will copack and use your branding. The company I use will not ship excess because of the very reason of freshness. There are some great artisan companies producing a great product out there. It isn't the only large market players like it use to be.

Maybe @CHeMnCaFe is the next artisan company that offers great quality k-cups to small mom and pop cafes?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head