Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mstew116
New

Java Code Signing Certificate

I readily admit not knowing much about how SSL/code signing certificates work, but we've had a code-signing certificate from GoDaddy for year. We use it to sign a JAR file used by a web-based app. 

We just renewed the certificate and I've downloaded the zipped file from GoDaddy. But, I'm not sure what to do with it now. I saw this article from GoDaddy: 

https://www.godaddy.com/help/java-code-signing-download-certificate-and-sign-code-20273

But, it doesn't seem to apply. How do I "renew" the certificate that's already in my keystore file?  At one point, the keytool utility tells me the alias already exists. I tried created a new alias but it tells me the public and or private key is missing. I don't know what to do?

1 REPLY 1
Heather
Employee

Hello @mstew116!

Thank you for posting. It sounds like you've paid for the renewal of the code signing certificate already but have you requested the new certificate? If not, that could be why you're having the trouble you are. 

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support