Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WardenAri
New

Linking to Images on another site

I'm trying to show images I have hosted on my GoDaddy account on another site. Up until last year it was fine, but now those images don't show up on Opera or Chrome but do on Firefox and MS Edge. I know it has something to do with the GoDaddy site because as an experiment I hosted an image on Tumblr and used that link and BAM the image showed up on all browsers.
So what security setting do I need to change to allow me to use my images from GoDaddy on other websites? Or is this just something no longer allowed because it's a major security risk overall?

3 REPLIES 3
Muse
Super User II

@WardenAri 

To me, that sounds like a browser setting on Chrome.   Did you check out this setting?

In the Chrome setting panel, navigate to Advanced --> Privacy and security --> Site Settings --> Images. Make sure that Show all option has been turned on.

HTH! 😉

Judith
"Success is the sum of details." ~ Harvey S. Firestone

@Muse It is set on. First thing I did was search for solutions on Chrome and Opera and tried everything suggested and reached out to other tech friends. Nothing seemed to change it. I appreciate your suggestion though ❤️

@WardenAri 

Drat -- that's the only thing that makes sense.  If it were a GoDaddy thing, then why does it work in other browsers or Tumbler?  That's what makes me think it is Chrome -- which apparently does have issues if you did a search.

Does it still happen in incognito mode?  Other things to try are clearing your browser cache and checking if any virus software or firewalls may be interfering.

The thing is if none of that works -- you'll have to contact GoDaddy support and explain all the steps you took so those are off the table and they can then investigate further.   If you figure it out, please do post back here so then I'll know too! 😉

Judith
"Success is the sum of details." ~ Harvey S. Firestone