cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Choosing a local phone number

I live in a state where our area code covers 80% of the state.   If I call another city on the other side of the state it is a long distance phone call.  Is there a way to chose a local phone number to my city so my customers do not have to make a long distance phone call from the same city?  

7 REPLIES 7
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Choosing a local phone number

Hi there @miketorg,

I checked in with our Smartline team and they said that the SmartLine number search is currently only at the area code (NPA) level. We'll offer the City/area (NPA-NXX) number selection soon. Are you looking for a particular NPA-NXX code? Let me know. Thanks!

Rachel

Thanks for your reply. I would like a 208-866-xxxx number.
New

Hi. Is city/area selection available yet?

Thanks
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi @Kaina,

Thanks for the question. Unfortunately, city/area selection is not yet available (also known as NPA). Until then, when searching for a number you'll be given 9 options, click the "Search Again" button to bring up different numbers available in your desired area code until you find the perfect number for you.

Thanks

New

Thanks for the reply. I saw a lot of good ones but I ended up finding a site that lets you buy a vanity number (specific numbers or letters) and I was able to buy and park the perfect number! I just started the porting process with GoDaddy to transfer the number here. Thank goodness I found a workaround (for only $2 + $5 activation with no cancellation) but it would be great to be able to look up numbers that specifically straight from here.
New

Hey there Kiana,

What was the service you used, as I am looking to do the same thing please!

SJT

New

NumberBarn.com

Hope you find the one you need!