cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
godadabc
Helper I

What fees and taxes are added to the $9.99 SmartLine cost?

GoDaddy states that "applicable taxes" are going to be added to my monthly cost if I get a SmartLine. However, the chat agent could not give me the total cost.

I am afraid to give GoDaddy my credit card without knowing the bottom line - esp. since I have seen some phone companies charge almost double the cost by the time they add the FCC's Federal Universal Service Fund (FUSF) fee, 911 fees, local and county taxes, a Federal Program fee, and a Regulatory, Compliance and Intellectual Property (RCIP) fee.

So - if I was to get the $9.99 package, what additional charges would be added to my bill? Will the ultimate cost be almost $20?

Thanks!

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
SG4101
Employee

Hello @godadabc and thank you for being a part of the Community!

I was able to locate the Smartline Agreement which outlines all of the details associated with Smartline. You can always start the free trial and go through the process of renewing your Smartline for any amount of term you choose (Monthly or longer) to see the total cost associated with your Smartline account after the free trial. You always have the option to cancel at anytime.

You can always compare the different Smartline plans and pricing available, there is the option of a second number or toll free number.

I hope these links and Guides help further assist with answering all of your questions. Have a wonderful rest of your weekend 😎

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

View solution in original post

Thanks for this! So GoDaddy does charge taxes AND fees, although they only mention taxes on their website.

The problem with comparing prices on the website is that you don’t see the fees and taxes, which can add a LOT to the price.

For example, I have a VOIP service where I am paying $35 for 2 lines with unlimited services. BUT - I am paying $23 ON TOP of this price for all the fees and taxes.

So, given the above, I can only assume that the $9.99 price comes out to be closer to $16-17 per line.

It would be great if GoDaddy could provide a list of all the taxes and fees we would need to pay before we give GoDaddy our credit card.

Thanks!

godadabc
Helper I

I must have mis-clicked the "solved" button.

This topic is not solved until we know what taxes and fees GoDaddy will charge BEFORE GoDaddy processes our credit card.

8 REPLIES 8
SG4101
Employee

Hello @godadabc and thank you for being a part of the Community!

I was able to locate the Smartline Agreement which outlines all of the details associated with Smartline. You can always start the free trial and go through the process of renewing your Smartline for any amount of term you choose (Monthly or longer) to see the total cost associated with your Smartline account after the free trial. You always have the option to cancel at anytime.

You can always compare the different Smartline plans and pricing available, there is the option of a second number or toll free number.

I hope these links and Guides help further assist with answering all of your questions. Have a wonderful rest of your weekend 😎

Thanks for this! So GoDaddy does charge taxes AND fees, although they only mention taxes on their website.

The problem with comparing prices on the website is that you don’t see the fees and taxes, which can add a LOT to the price.

For example, I have a VOIP service where I am paying $35 for 2 lines with unlimited services. BUT - I am paying $23 ON TOP of this price for all the fees and taxes.

So, given the above, I can only assume that the $9.99 price comes out to be closer to $16-17 per line.

It would be great if GoDaddy could provide a list of all the taxes and fees we would need to pay before we give GoDaddy our credit card.

Thanks!

godadabc
Helper I

I must have mis-clicked the "solved" button.

This topic is not solved until we know what taxes and fees GoDaddy will charge BEFORE GoDaddy processes our credit card.

Hi @godadabc ,

What I would do is sign in to your account, then add the plan that you want to your cart.  Right before checking out you should see the taxes associated with the cost.  I haven’t seen any large fees when I help customers get a SmartLine account.  Hope this helps! 

Sales and Support available 24/7 via phone or chat

Thanks for the update!

I did try adding the SmartLine plan in my account, hoping that GoDaddy would then provide the cost. However, all GoDaddy provided was that the price was "$9.99 plus taxes". They didn't state how much the taxes were and didn't mention fees, although their agreement states they add fees.

I then needed to add my credit card for further processing. Luckily, I didn't since the cost is apparently so much higher than the $9.99, given what I am seeing in my VOIP bill.

Thanks!

Hello again @godadabc !

I tested adding a new number myself and I only saw an additional $0.61 charge to the 9.99. I would try it in your account, you might see a slight variation but still a low fee.

That sounds good. Was that for taxes or the fees? I'm still afraid to try it with my credit card though.

Thanks!

Hello again @godadabc !

I understand your concern of not wanting to enter your payment information before knowing all of the facts. That was the total for taxes and fees, the price may vary by cents depending on the term length and number type you select. 

I hope this helps!