cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Can a reseller buy from themselves?

Can a reseller buy new products from their own reseller account?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Helper IV

Yes you can, but you will need to keep your reseller account active as you are not able to "move" the products into a GoDaddy account.

View solution in original post

When you call in, you can ask to speak to someone in the reseller department specifically (I forget what it's called now internally... "Web Pro", I believe). The general phone agents are not as well trained on the reseller product (I used to work on the reseller team) 🙂 And I have a reseller account.

4 REPLIES 4
Helper IV

Yes you can, but you will need to keep your reseller account active as you are not able to "move" the products into a GoDaddy account.

Thanks.

I thought that was the case, but when I was chatting with one of the sales guys earlier today, he said that I couldn't. He said that the reseller account was a partner account for me to sell to others and I wasn't allowed to buy through it. 

Maybe I need to talk to a different sales guys.

When you call in, you can ask to speak to someone in the reseller department specifically (I forget what it's called now internally... "Web Pro", I believe). The general phone agents are not as well trained on the reseller product (I used to work on the reseller team) 🙂 And I have a reseller account.

Excellent! 

Thank you very much for your help.