cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Can't access WP Backend/Admin

I have a new problem on a site that i'm managing for a client. The site worked fine a few months back, but all of a sudden I can't access the backend of the site.

WP Admin returns a blank page.

wp-login.php has an error message saying: ERROR: Cookies are blocked due to unexpected output.

I've tried using the Debug function in the config file which gives me some further info:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/n3pnexwpnas01_data03/53/3762453/html/wp-config.php:1) in /home/content/n3pnexwpnas01_data03/53/3762453/html/wp-login.php on line 423

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/n3pnexwpnas01_data03/53/3762453/html/wp-config.php:1) in /home/content/n3pnexwpnas01_data03/53/3762453/html/wp-login.php on line 436

I've been looking at that file, but PHP isn't really my thing and I just can't see what the problem is. Presumably it's on line 1!

I'm very puzzled as to why I can't access the backend when the (working) site has been left alone for months.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resolver I
Solution

Re: Can't access WP Backend/Admin

Sounds like a plugin conflict. Did you or your client installed a new plugin since the last successful login, or updated any existing plugin?

If you did, disable the plugin through FTP and see if it resolves the issue.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Resolver I
Solution

Re: Can't access WP Backend/Admin

Sounds like a plugin conflict. Did you or your client installed a new plugin since the last successful login, or updated any existing plugin?

If you did, disable the plugin through FTP and see if it resolves the issue.

View solution in original post