cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Changing The Hero Widget Title Font Size in GoDaddy Velux Wordpress Theme?

How does one change the Hero Widget Title Font size in the GoDaddy Velux Wordpress theme? I've tried going into editor section and changed the title font size from 3rem to 1.5rem updated the file and nothing happened. ? Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

Re: Changing The Hero Widget Title Font Size in GoDaddy Velux Wordpress Theme?

@HMSMS   Did you clear the cache(s).

If you changed the style.css and it isn't showing we either didn't modify the correct line or the cache isn't cleared.

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
"All people are the same; only their habits differ." ~Confucius
New

Ok, I'll try that, if I'm understanding correctly. On that note how do you clear the cache(s) in regards to the website and pagebuilder via GoDaddy portal? Do I need a clearing cache plugin? or you referring to dashboard/performance and empty all cache(s) Thanks!  RLHII

New

Ok, found out cpanel wordpress doesn't have a flush cache function, but found a way to clear the cache and now the css changes appear. Thanks! 

New

Take that back, while the changes I made now appear, apparently when I try to make other changes they did not appear.. Again in c-panel wordpress administrator how does one clear cache? again does this require a plug-in?

Super User I Super User I
Super User I

@HMSMS

Glad to hear you found a way to clear the cache.  Just do that again -- and every time that you make any css changes to make sure you are seeing the latest and greatest.

Judith
"All people are the same; only their habits differ." ~Confucius
New

Thanks!

New

Did you ever get an answer?

There are a number of cache plugins, my favorite being WP-super cache, but be careful as adding any new plugin can have unexpected changes in behavior. I've definitely had issues with scripts overlapping before, causing issues.

I typically preview changes I'm making in Safari while editing in Chrome, or vice versa. I've always had good luck doing it that way, splitting the screen with them. Using an incognito window can work well to preview, too.

Hi.  I have been trying to change the the font size for Hero Widget and this is the only post that actually addresses it. Unfortunately, there is actually no code here. Could someone provide some code or part of the CSS I should be editing? I have tried many things. I am a novice but I have successfully edited CSS in the past so I am not sure what I am doing wrong this time. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

How do you change the font size "Hero Widget" In GoDaddy PRIMER Wordpress Theme?

/*--------------------------------------------------------------
# Hero
--------------------------------------------------------------*/
.hero {
width: 97.22222%;
float: left;
margin-left: 1.38889%;
margin-right: 1.38889%;
clear: both;
padding: 0 1rem;
color: #ffffff; }
.hero .hero-inner {
max-width: none; }
@Media only screen and (min-width: 61.063em) {
.hero .hero-inner {
max-width: 75%; } }
.hero .widget {
padding: 0;
margin-bottom: 1em;
font-size: 1.2em;
font-weight: 300;
background: none; }
.hero .widget:last-child {
margin-bottom: 0;
padding-bottom: 6%; }
.hero .widget h1, .hero .widget h2, .hero .widget h3, .hero .widget h4, .hero .widget h5, .hero .widget h6, .hero .widget p, .hero .widget ul, .hero .widget ol, .hero .widget li, .hero .widget blockquote {
color: #ffffff; }
.hero .widget ul, .hero .widget ol {
padding-left: 0; }
.hero .widget ul li, .hero .widget ol li {
list-style: none; }
.hero .widget b, .hero .widget strong {
font-weight: 600; }
.hero label, .hero input, .hero select, .hero textarea {
display: inline;
width: auto; }