cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Constant Hacks and no help

hacked a few months ago, spent TIME and MONEY to clean...now another hack.  Say they will fix but they do not, will send to google for review, have not and not ONE person will give an honest answer.  my website is now blacklisted and my business is suffering greatly.  no one has a direct line, corporate line rings and rings no last names.  beyond frustrating and sincerely doubt they will ever fix

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV
Solution

Re: Constant Hacks and no help

@woofdaycare 

We are end users like you - so if you have a specific case with GoDaddy we can't provide insight into that.

A couple of things

1) Is your website on WordPress or Websites + Marketing (the board you posted to) - I am assuming WordPress - but want to confirm

2) When you say it was hacked - how so - was it a redirect script - extra code added  - what specifically

3) After it was hacked - did you continue to make sure that plugins / themes were updated on a regular basis

4) What type of server is this on and are there any other sites in the same account - the reason I ask this is if you have a cPanel server with let's say 2 sites on it, and one gets compromised - it's possible that the other one is actually the source of the compromise - so you'd need to check both

5) Google's alert of "this site maybe hacked" can take a few days to come down - I've had to re-submit the sitemap via webmaster tools in order to get that done

6) When you say it is blacklisted where is this the case? I've seen this happen with Norton and there is a simple form to fill out to get that cleared.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II
Solution

@woofdaycare 

On top of @PL281's excellent advice, the best option for ensuring your site doesn't get infected is to use some sort of web security program. GoDaddy offers Website Security. If you choose the Deluxe and up, you get a Firewall, SSL, and unlimited malware removal. However, ever since I started using it, I haven't been hit by one malware attack. It's that good. I would recommend you start there.

* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV
Solution

@woofdaycare 

We are end users like you - so if you have a specific case with GoDaddy we can't provide insight into that.

A couple of things

1) Is your website on WordPress or Websites + Marketing (the board you posted to) - I am assuming WordPress - but want to confirm

2) When you say it was hacked - how so - was it a redirect script - extra code added  - what specifically

3) After it was hacked - did you continue to make sure that plugins / themes were updated on a regular basis

4) What type of server is this on and are there any other sites in the same account - the reason I ask this is if you have a cPanel server with let's say 2 sites on it, and one gets compromised - it's possible that the other one is actually the source of the compromise - so you'd need to check both

5) Google's alert of "this site maybe hacked" can take a few days to come down - I've had to re-submit the sitemap via webmaster tools in order to get that done

6) When you say it is blacklisted where is this the case? I've seen this happen with Norton and there is a simple form to fill out to get that cleared.

Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II
Solution

@woofdaycare 

On top of @PL281's excellent advice, the best option for ensuring your site doesn't get infected is to use some sort of web security program. GoDaddy offers Website Security. If you choose the Deluxe and up, you get a Firewall, SSL, and unlimited malware removal. However, ever since I started using it, I haven't been hit by one malware attack. It's that good. I would recommend you start there.

* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *