cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Copy Wordpress desing from one domain to another under the same account

I have a domain name (www.aleydeals.com) that I already bought from GoDaddy and I am renewing it with my Godaddy account.

Many years ago, a development company created a website interface for me and email accounts using this domain name (www.aleydeals.com).

i.e I have a running website under this domain name (www.aleydeals.com) and I have some email addresses (about 4 email addresses   xxxxx@aleydeals.com) that are hosted at the development company server.

Now I created a wordpress interface using my Godaddy account and I publish it (to test it) using domain name www.aley-city.online

what I need help with is:

• Currently My domain aleydeals.com is “loading” the website from the development company server, so I need to cancel this and I need to publish the wordpress website I created.
  • I need to copy the interface I created and the data I published on aley-city.online to www.aleydeals.com
  • I need to create same email addresses that I am using with the development company.
1 REPLY 1
Super User II Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Re: Copy Wordpress desing from one domain to another under the same account

@hmalaeb

Once you have your new WordPress site setup with your content the way you want it from the dev site:

=> The nameservers have to be changed for your domain on the dev server to the new WordPress hosting nameservers.  (I usually wait to cancel old hosting for about a week to ensure propagation time for the domain's new location.)

=> You also have to change the domain name in WordPress (Settings > General).  More on changing WordPress URLs here.

=> For email the MX servers would also have to be modified to reflect your new email service for the domain. GoDaddy does offers a migration service to Office365 if you want to use that and need assistance.

=> Next you will have to change all the URLs within your content from the dashed domain that you installed WordPress on to the non-dashed dev domain that you want to use.  There's a plugin for that!

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
"Do one thing every day that scares you." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt