Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
wissamh
New

Creating a WordPress Site in a Sub Domain

Hi,

I already have a website that I created using the WebSite Builder application. However, now I want to create a test site using WordPress. I created a subdomain test.mysitename.ca and I want to use it for the test site. How I would go around doing this?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Wissam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PL281
Super User III

@wissamh 

If you are doing this with Managed WordPress - just select external domain (first option in the dropdown) and then put in your URL test.mysitename.ca

If this is on a cPanel account you may have to add the subdomain first in cPanel before it will show in the installer

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PL281
Super User III

@wissamh 

You should just need to set up the subdomain as an A record in the DNS pointed to the IP address of your server where your wordpress site is.

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Hi,

I tried to create the WordPress site, but the installation wizzard does not show the subdomain as an option for setting up the site.

The current site that I have and I created using Website Building is taking the main domain. The WordPress site should be in the subdomain. but I do not see a choice from the path/directory options.

PL281
Super User III

@wissamh 

If you are doing this with Managed WordPress - just select external domain (first option in the dropdown) and then put in your URL test.mysitename.ca

If this is on a cPanel account you may have to add the subdomain first in cPanel before it will show in the installer

View solution in original post