cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Domain Names

I purchased a domain name, but my Wordpress site says "powered by wordpress" at the bottom.   I didn't think it was supposed to have that on your site if you had your own Domain.   This is my first website, so I really don't have much of an idea of what I'm doing.  Can someone help?  Thanks in advance 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Domain Names

@Ronda wrote:

I purchased a domain name, but my Wordpress site says "powered by wordpress" at the bottom.   I didn't think it was supposed to have that on your site if you had your own Domain.   This is my first website, so I really don't have much of an idea of what I'm doing.  Can someone help?  Thanks in advance 🙂

@Ronda It says powered by wordpress because your site is technically powered by wordpress. You're using their site infrastructure. At any rate, it is possible to remove the link by editing the footer file. Here are some instructions on how to do that, be careful what you modify though, editing something that shouldn't be edited can cause your site to produce an error and not load. http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-themes/how-to-remove-the-powered-by-wordpress-footer-links/

-----

New

Re: Domain Names

@justingodfreyThank you  I thought maybe that was why but I am new to this.  I appreciate your reply and the information.