cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Error after reverting to old theme

I'm not tech-savvy, please be patient, any help is greatly appreciated!

I've used the Thesis theme for years.  The link to upload an image stopped working, so I switched to an older theme.  It wouldn't work there, either, so I tried to switch back, and I got this error:

Warning: require_once(/home/content/67/5637867/html/wp-content/themes/thesis_16-oldv2/lib/classes/comments.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/67/5637867/html/wp-content/themes/thesis_16-oldv2/functions.php on line 53

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/content/67/5637867/html/wp-content/themes/thesis_16-oldv2/lib/classes/comments.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/67/5637867/html/wp-content/themes/thesis_16-oldv2/functions.php on line 53

Now I can't even get into wp-admin.  This is my website:  qrdeals.com

I'd be forever in the debt of anyone who can tell me in an idiot-proof way how to get rid of the fatal error.  (I think I've found a fix for the issue with the upload images feature not working.)  Many thanks in advance!

~ Becky

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager

Hi, @reford. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community. 

Based on the error, I would guess that the file that should be at /wp-content/themes/thesis_16-oldv2/lib/classes/comments.php is either not there or is corrupted. I'm not sure why that would be the case, but that's where I would suggest looking. If you can get a copy of the theme from the publisher, you may be able to just find that file and place it in that directory to fix this. Hope that helps. If so, please follow up here so others can benefit from your experience. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.