Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Icks13
New

Website hosting + Wordpress MyCMS + 500 Internal Server Error

Hello, 

I've switched from wordpress hosting to website hosting and I've installed Wordpress. It's gone more than 1 year since I've adopted this hosting solution for wordpress and something is changed 'cause the process was a little bit different and more simple.

I've uploaded via FTP a new theme, updated the theme list in MyCMS and activated the new theme. Unfortunately when I try to login the new theme, it's impossible due this error:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator to inform of the time the error occurred and of anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

This happen with every new theme I upload via FTP and then install in MyCMS.
If in MyCMS I activate a default theme, I can log in the same one in the classic WP UI and in appearance I can see the theme I've uploaded but again, even if I try to activate theme from here, the same error appears.

reasons? 
ty

1 REPLY 1
webdiva
Super User I

You say you're uploading the new theme via FTP. Why not use the WP automatic theme installation capability that uploads a zip file for you, and takes care of unpacking it?