• GoDaddy Community
  • VPS & Dedicated Servers
  • VPS & Dedicated Servers

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Finding my Primary and Secondary DNS for addon domains on my hosting.

Hi there folks,

I'm not being able to find the DNS information for the addon domain I'm about to host. The problem is that the domain: myclientdomain.com is right now hosted elsewhere, but soon I will provide the hosting on my vps hosting from godaddy, I've already added as an addon domain but I'm not sure how to tell the domain owner (my client) wich DNS he should change to point to my godaddy hosting. This is frustrating cause is really hard to find this info, because godaddy change dns on each addon domain randomly. I'm also cannot see the domain on the "my domains" page but I can see other addons domains I currently host.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Super User IV

@predathor83 

My recommendation is in the domain control center to add DNS hosting for the domain - (located under the DNS menu)

Then you will get ns##.domaincontrol.com for the domain - Just need to make sure to recreate the zone records in GoDaddy

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
    Super User IV

@predathor83 

My recommendation is in the domain control center to add DNS hosting for the domain - (located under the DNS menu)

Then you will get ns##.domaincontrol.com for the domain - Just need to make sure to recreate the zone records in GoDaddy

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

View solution in original post

Thanks, I've was used to add the domain on my cpanel on the addons domain option. But now on I will proceed this way. 😎🙌

@predathor83

You will still need to add the domain to the add-on in the cPanel. This just uses the godaddy dns system rather than the vps/cPanel dns. This is a better setup in my opinion as this way even if your server is down your dns is not

I would keep that in mind, thanks for your help @PL281👍