• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Add custom code to new page and add dependency with existing functionality

Hi, I am running online food ordering service.

I want to add a new page "Real Time Status" to my site, which shows the number of food orders placed in real-time to customers (Kind of counter which will increase after someone place the order successfully). 

I need help to understand how to add custom code which will be executed automatically when a customer places the order successfully from Shop Page. 

Your help will be highly appreciated, looking for the response. Thanks in advance 🙂

depend.PNG

1 REPLY 1
    Super User II

@mahadev

That is a complicated and very custom request.  There is no out-of-the-box script that I am aware of.  (I could be wrong and maybe someone else will pipe in!).

How you approach integrating this also depends on your platform and hosting (with good resources for a live script like that to be running) to make the appropriate recommendations.  I recommend you seek out a developer that specializes in creating and integrating customized scripts such as what you describe.

If you are on WordPress, there are some plugins that enable real-time ordering and tracking but I am not aware of any that actually show what is in the pipeline in real-time on the front-end. 

Judith
    "I never lose. Either I win or I learn." ~ Me