• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Ajax 500 Error

Hello,

I am making a website and using Ajax for add content to my database. I got 500 Error everytime the Ajax tries to add content.  I changed chmod to 777. Loading data from mysql is fine, but can't add values by Ajax. ( it works on my localhost but not work on linux Godaddy hosting)

What should I do?

1 REPLY 1
    Community Manager
    Community Manager
    Solution

Re: Ajax 500 Error

Hi @thehien. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! 

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. A 500 error is a very general error that means there's a problem with the website displaying, but the details aren't readily available. Invalid .htaccess files, or invalid rules in them, commonly cause 500 errors with Linux hosting accounts. With Windows, it's most commonly invalid requests through a web.config file.
    To find out what causes the issue:
    • Linux — Review your Apache error logs (how you do this depends on the platform you're using).
    • Windows — Enable detailed errors in your web.config file using the following code:
      <configuration>
         <system.webServer>
            <httpErrors errorMode="Detailed"/>
         </system.webServer>
      </configuration>

Hope that helps. If not, feel free to provide more information. Others in the community may be able to provide you with additional suggestions.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.