cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Advocate I

Big things missing in Website Builder 7

Hi GoDaddy Community and Developers:

Here are some features I feel are missing in Website Builder 7

1.The ability to drop all content on the page down to create room for content on top.

- Insert Space Feature or Move all Feature
       - Without having to manually move everything

2. Hover over images

3. A website search function

4. An in site blog feature

5. The ability to insert meta tags into each individual page

6. The ability to customize buttons (the ones that offer a hover over effect)

If anyone else has any suggestions please post below.

32 REPLIES 32
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Re: Big things missing in Website Builder 7

Hey @amarkovic7,

Thanks so much for the feedback! It's greatly appreciated and will help our team to improve the product for all of our customers. Take care!

Rachel

Helper II

@amarkovic7

I have mentioned many of the same issues, Under the "Community Suggestions Forum" at the bottom of the forum list. I haven't seen any comment, as of yet. It would seem, that after several years of V7's existence, these issues would have been addressed and solved.

In my opinion, V6 was a superior program for the site builder, over V7. I'm not saying that V7 can't "rise to the occasion", however G/D is going to have to put some effort into it.

I cannot find the spell check function.  I am sure it is there somewhere.  I found instructions under V6 but does not appear to be in the same place on V7.  I am guessing I am using V7 as I just started today.

Helper II

@KeithBright

I don't know, that WSB V7 has it's own "spell check" function. However, it will spell check, which I think, uses your computer "spell check" capability.

New

#1 is the biggest challenge however would also add for essential functions missing between Version 6 and 7:

1. Cannot not import spreadsheet to table.

2. Cannot turn off auto save, which is a good new function but makes taking back corrections on major changes more difficult.

3. Cannot highlight and scroll to move large blocks down a page.

YES, YES AND YES! to:

.The ability to drop all content on the page down to create room for content on top.

- Insert Space Feature or Move all Feature
       - Without having to manually move everything

Please make that happen ASAP. Thank you in advance.

Shawn

TreehouseRocks
    New

A scrolling marquee would be a useful enhancement.

Adding Captions to Pictures.  

The ability to adjust the mobile site.

It appears websitebuilder7 is out and websitebuilder xnext is in.

New

I miss the ability to add downloadable files to the page.. Before I was able to add tour Catering menu, .pdf. and order forms, if that feature is still there I can't find it. Also the ability to build a form..when the contact template is lacking in pertinent fields germane to the business being promoted.  Even though the previous Website Builder seem to be overloaded with FEATURES that is what made it appealing, user friendly and most of all credible as a great website builder.. If it ain't broke DON'T FIX IT!!!

The ability to build a site that actually IS a mobile friendly site without making your desktop site into a very odd liking thing (in order for it to translate into mobile). I'm afraid I will have to spend more money and go to Dudamobile so that can make a proper mobile site automatically and I have the ability to actually edit that individually to make it look good. It is a nobodies site in itself. Godaddy has really disappointed me here. Too bad.

"Separate sight" not nobodies (auto correct). It's late too and I'm tired of working all day in this site that is so nonmobile!

Anchors seem to have disappeared in 7. This is a tremendous loss and will result in my finding another builder if not included.

The inability to insert OG meta tags, which differ for each page is making it impossible to stick with this product. Custom social integrations are impossible.

Yes I agree V6 was much more advanced for a simple builder than V7. I feel my hands are tied. I was expecting a much better version when it was released and when I went to add meta tags or change the code, I was unable to do that. I really miss the advanced features of V6. Meta tags and SEO abilities have been separated so they can charge for it. To make money they break things up now and charge as individual add ons.

godaddy website builder newest version 7 adding a FAQ question that when clicked opens up to answer

Hello

I am using website builder to build my site

website builder newest version 7

I am adding a FAQ's page and i cannot figure out if I can create questions that when clicked opens up to answer.  Is this possible in website builder and if so please tell me how.  Tech support could not answer question

I totally agree that Website Builder 7 is lacking in some key features, which were available in version 6.  For me notable items are that the filemanager is no longer available, where I could stroll through files, deleting those no longer necessary.  I have not yet found any manner in Website Builder 7 where I can review files and delete old ones.  Anyone have a clue?  I also used to use the feature in Website Builder 6, where I could have complete control over a page, and could just click a selection to make it not published.  I would turn off a page for editing purposes, or just because I wanted to garage the page for some reason.  This control feature is missing in the 'improved' Website Builder.

In general, the new version I feel is lacking, in regard to capability that used to exist in the previous version.  G/D has had years to make the new version, and has years of suggestions about needed/wanted improvements to version 7, and their response has been virtually non-existent in improvement of the product.

I would have thought that if you are going to make a 'new and improved' version, that it would have has a minimum all of the basic features of the previous version, or the option for a user to enable/disable the previous features, as needed/wanted.  G/D instead totally cannibalized Website Builder 6.

bring back website builder 6 on my account please

Helper II

CL unfortunately that very basic function is missing. However i have created a workaround to create anchors in WB7. More work that is really should be but it works. See my post here. 

https://www.godaddy.com/community/Building-and-Managing-a-Website/Adding-Page-Anchor-Links-to-Websit...  

NTIDaddy

Helper I

Online store builder V8 what the people want!

I was introduced to godaddy's online store builder by youtube and whilst spending lots of time viewing V6 videos (and previous versions) all that good stuff, all those customizable options brought me to purchase with godaddy only to find V7 is restrictive, basic and limited.

This isnt going to be a rant post going on about whats missing from the store builder and what it wont allow us to do anymore over previous verions, we all know about V7's SEO and Mobile optimization problems so lets move on and use this space as an opportunity to let it be heard what we want V8 to include.

Over to you.......

Helper I

Re: Online store builder V8 what the people want!

Ill start with:

An independant or seperate mobile version configurator / editor with drag and drop functionality.

One of the big things I would like and cant find is a option to give customers reward points for buying stuff. I buy off of multiple sites and t always nice to earn points to spend. this is a feature if I cant get it I might have to look for another program to build my site. The other thing I want is an option for my customers to join a mailing list.

New

"You cannot rotate an image within Website Builder. Do this in your default image editor before you upload the image."

This is pretty basic and standard functionality that is missing in the Website Builder.   In many cases, the photos appear positioned properly in our photo editor but are sideways or upside down in Website Builder, causing us to have to delete, re-manipulate outside of Website Builder, and re-upload.

The ability to edit and make an actual mobile friendly optimized site is a definite let down. The "mobile site" that V7 builds for you looks a mess!! It is not mobile friendly at all. With more than half of the traffic my site generates is from mobile devices I will be looking for another web building service that gives me that option. I checked Six out but the don't have the ability to add java or HTML content unless its a snippet. Any suggestions of different options?

New

Not to mention Password Protection for a page.  So now your entire website has to be open to the public.  With prior web builders you could protect certain pages.

@RachelM wrote:

Hey @amarkovic7,

Thanks so much for the feedback! It's greatly appreciated and will help our team to improve the product for all of our customers. Take care!

Rachel

It is April/May of 2017, I have just started using WB7 and it appears the team has made NO improvements that I can find. On the PHONE to G D I was told that WB7 is wysiwyg, and the company is on to other bigger and better things. 

The ability to Password Protect a page that has content you don't want available to the general public (Family pages with photos and contact info)  Really miss that feature and will most likely abandon our website and domain if not available by the time it expires.

Password protection for pages.  I wish to protect photos and documents available on my site for family.

A basic flaw for what is supposed to be a business website builder is the ability to customise the contact form other than adding a few extra text fields.

A created a website in the previous version and was able to add buttons to allow users to upload files but in the new version this is no longer available.

As this is a pretty fundamental requirement in order for the business to be able to quote for work it looks like GoDaddy have just lost themselves a customer!

New

There is also no "counter" in website builder.  The "statistics" counter is completely wacky.  It changes its mind every time I get on it.  And it leaves 80%  of the users who view my site as "others".  I want to see them all, not just 20% of them.  I don't really like this new version.

PASSWORD PROTECTION!!! How can you not have this? It is a simple script in the backend to allow people to install easily. 

New

Glad you report that the form customization has been reduced in newer version.  If that goes, or I am forced to go to GoCentral, I'm gone from GoDaddy.  I have been through 6 or 7 evolutions of GoDaddy web builders, all the way back to "WebSite Tonight" in 2005.  Fed up with forced changes, lost data, lost functions, several evolutions of internal and external and worsening photo handling, photo text/filename labels being removed, continuous decline in capability throughout the website builders.  Granted part of it is forced on them, and us, due to Google and search engine limitations (in the name of "optimization" no less!!), but aren't computers supposed to increase creativity and productivity?  Not conform us all to the same systems, formats, and layouts!

And as a 13-year user of GoDaddy website builder, I am newly labeled a "novice".  Huh! 

So tired of being drug through website rebuilds to stay current with their new versions, and receiving less and less function.  No notice ever given.  Have completely scrapped and rebuilt my entire huge website 3 times to stay current with their "newer" builders.  I run a business and do not have time to constantly re-learn website builders and seo optimization.

These companies are all starting to take the easy way out, and we the public are forced to live with less function at greater cost.  And they give more and more private information to competitors without permission. Of course they always have fine print in their code to disclaim responsibility.  GoDaddy even threatens to lapse our websites if we turn off auto-renew now.  Fed up!!  My stuff expires in a couple of months.  I think this time I will "scrap and rebuild" in someone else's system.  Time to leave GoDaddy.  Not the same company it used to be.  No longer any customer loyalty or effort to keep us.