• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Code from Microsoft to display Iframe Signup form in Edge browser

The subscriber signup form at the bottom of my website https://lagunabeachalumni.org/ does not display in the MS Edge browser. I have to use Firefox or Chrome to see it. I contacted Microsoft and the support person sent me some code that displayed my Signup form nicely. I hope the following from Microsoft I help will fix the problem:

For example, the following HTML file renders just fine in Edge:

<!DOCTYPE html>

<html lang="en" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

<head>

<meta charset="utf-8" />

<title></title>

</head>

<body>

<p>Hello</p>

<iframe src="https://gem.godaddy.com/signups/e4fde7265b4c406096d1867cf22ffc48/iframe" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" height="518" style="max-width: 400px; width: 100%;"></iframe>

</body>

</html>

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Code from Microsoft to display Iframe Signup form in Edge browser

Will the code from Microsoft help GoDaddy fix my problem?

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hi @hard-worker. I'm not sure why the form wouldn't be appearing in Microsoft Edge. Did the support person you spoke with specify what it was that the browser didn't want to display? Browsers sometimes use standards that are different than others, so it's hard to say for sure what the issue is. The code provided might work if you give it a try. If you see any results, please update here so others can know if there is a solution. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

JesseW,

I don't have access to the html except for just the Iframe for the form itself because I'm using the GoDaddy editor. I'm hoping GoDaddy can use the code from Microsoft to update the html in the rest of the section of the Subscriber Form at bottom of my website: https://lagunabeachalumni.org/  Is it possible for GoDaddy to make the update so form displays in MS Edge browser?

Community Manager
    Community Manager

@hard-worker Thanks for clarifying. I was able to dig into this and found out that our developers are aware of this issue. If you take a look at this technical post from Microsoft, you can see that this should be addressed in a future update to Microsoft Edge. This is specific to the use of srcdoc, which is something that is used within our builder.

The build you are using is EdgeHTML 17, which is the current release of Edge. srcdoc is included in EdgeHTML 18. This version works as expected for the code you shared.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

JesseW,

Thanks for your information. But I just wanted to bring up my previous post showing information from a Microsoft support person, Graye. He sent me some html plus a screen shot showing my Subscriber form being displayed in the current version of Edge. There's no srcdoc included. I was hoping this would help GoDaddy for the current version of Edge. This is what Graye sent me: 

<!DOCTYPE html>
    <html lang="en" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
    <head>
    <meta charset="utf-8" />
    <title></title>
    </head>
    <body>
    <p>Hello</p>
    <iframe src="https://gem.godaddy.com/signups/e4fde7265b4c406096d1867cf22ffc48/iframe" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" height="518" style="max-width: 400px; width: 100%;"></iframe>
    </body>
    </html>

Community Manager
    Community Manager

@hard-worker To clarify, the element in our Website Builder itself is an iframe. If inserted directly into the body of an HTML page, you would be able to use the code in question. However, anything you use in the HTML section in our Website Builder would be placed within an iframe. That's where the srcdoc comes in. Until that feature is supported by the Edge browser, the HTML section in the Website Builder will not work. Hope that helps. 

JesseW, 

I'll just have to wait patiently, along with my website viewers, for the next version of Edge. Thanks for your information. 

Super User I
    Super User I

@JesseW, is there a reason why we are using the srcdoc in the Edge code and not in the other browsers (Chrome/Firefox)? I have a detail GoDaddy post here about that. 

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
    Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hi @davisdre317 - To clarify, srcdoc is used in generating the code of all GoCentral Website Builder sites. I'm not sure why it's not showing up for you when you inspect the element, but you should be able to see it if you view the source for the page. 

As for why we only offer an iframe for adding code (which is what eventually forces the use of srcdoc) I'm not sure. My guess is that there is a performance or security reason for it. 

In the technical article linked above, it sounds like Edge will support srcdoc sometime this fall. Hope that helps.