• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

Creating pages for different languages

Hi there everyone, I want to have my website in both English and French. I have created the website in English in Website Builder, and have translated the entire website in French now, however,  I have no idea how to have the little flags or the EN and FR at the top of the page for my clients to click on each one and it takes them to the different pages in English and French. Anyone done this before? Would appreciate the help. Cannot find any answers anywhere, and GoDaddy peeps don't know either. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Probably the best way to achieve this would be to simply create another page (Duplicate your main page. See Here) and change the text to french. Then either add another menu item that says "English" with a dropdown menu saying French, or find images of the appropriate flags and add them either in your header or menu and simply set the destination of the images to go either to the French or English page.

Here are some copy-right free images that you may use for free commercially for the flags:

French Flag

British Flag

Feel free to ask anymore questions!

Harry Brand - Here to help out the community

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
    Helper III

Hello,

Just done a bit of looking around and have found a similar question asked on here before. Check out this link. You may have already read it, but they have a couple of solutions which may help you out.

Hi, yes I saw that post, however it is not what I'm looking for. That seems to be for translating the page automatically. So the person looking at my website needs to select a language to translate it to. I want to have separate translated pages on my website already that I have translated. 

Hopefully someone has the answer 🙂

Thanks for the link though. 

Probably the best way to achieve this would be to simply create another page (Duplicate your main page. See Here) and change the text to french. Then either add another menu item that says "English" with a dropdown menu saying French, or find images of the appropriate flags and add them either in your header or menu and simply set the destination of the images to go either to the French or English page.

Here are some copy-right free images that you may use for free commercially for the flags:

French Flag

British Flag

Feel free to ask anymore questions!

View solution in original post

Excellent! Thanks Harry. Will have a look at this today. I figured it was something like this, but just cannot get my head around doing it. And if I want to add more languages I'd like to have a way to do it properly from the get-go.

Will let you know how I go.

Thanks again!

Hi! How are you? 

Coincidence number 1 is that my nickname is Kyky!! 

Coincidence number 2 is that I have the same concern,

I want to add another language to my site which I have already translated and would like to add to the top an option to switch from English to Portuguese like you want from English to French. 

Were you able to find a solution?

I wouldn't like an automated translation because lots of times there are a few errors in terms of meaning and context. 

Thanks, 

Kyky Proenca

Hi @kykyproenca,

Definitely check out this thread in the Community that addresses adding multiple languages to GoCentral/Website Builder https://www.godaddy.com/community/GoCentral/Dual-or-Multi-language-support/td-p/40988. You didn't specify what product you used to build your website. If it's WordPress, then you can check out this GoDaddy blog post https://www.godaddy.com/garage/a-guide-to-making-your-wordpress-website-multilingual/. All the best!

Rachel

RachelM - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

I understand your description of copying pages, modifying them in the language desired, then linking to that modified page. However, using the Menu widget in website builder I don't know how to create a menu for each language (English, German, and French). The menu widget appears to be something that is propagated on each page. Can i somehow tie a menu widget to specific html pages I've created so the menu tab text shows up in the language I desire? I guess I could accomplish this by having each page have buttons to act like a Menu Widget, but that's the point of the menu widget to make the website creation easier.