• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Having to flush cache nonstop

Hello,

I'm experiencing a strange issue. I've got people coming to my site, but not seeing the most up to date content. They are seeing older pages. This presents a problem, because we are a puppy rescue, and so, when we post new puppies, we need for them to be seen as soon as possible.

The Director of our rescue called me in a panic a short while ago, as prospective adopters were not seeing her recent updates. I went into the hosted (Wordpress) domain, did Flush Cache and sure enough, everything can be seen now.

Is there some way to ensure that when someone visits the page, that they see a refreshed version of the page? It isn't the user's browsers, as nobody saw the page, no matter clearing out their browser cache, using a different browser, etc. The only thing that worked was me flushing the cache. Obviously, this is not ideal, as I can't keep doing that every time something is updated.

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
    Helper II

Re: Having to flush cache nonstop

I recently started using MaxCDN ($9/month for 100GB bandwidth/mo), an online service, and W3 Total Cache (free for basic plan, which is what I'm using currently), a WordPress plugin, and have been very pleased with both products. 

There is a pretty steep learning curve for these services, especially W3 Total Cache, but both companies provide excellent customer service based on my experience.

From the WordPress.org page for W3 Total Cache:

"The only WordPress Performance Optimization (WPO) framework; designed to improve user experience and page speed. Recommended by web hosts like: Page.ly, Synthesis, DreamHost, MediaTemple, Go Daddy, Host Gator and countless more. W3 Total Cache improves the user experience of your site by increasing server performance, reducing the download times and providing transparent content delivery network (CDN) integration."

If you decide to try these services, get W3 Total Cache first because they give you a discount code for 25% off the first month of MaxCDN. 

Mark

P.S. I don't have any relationship with these companies. I'm just a satisfied customer. Robot wink

Mark D Worthen PsyD
    Clinical-Forensic Psychology