• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Help... I'm not able to remove my logo, once it's added

Having built the site, I was looking at the option to add a logo. As soon as I clicked add logo I saw its location smack bang in the middle of the header and was quite large (even at smallest size allowed), which pushed everything else down way too far. I therefore looked to remove / delete logo. While the logo itself can be removed, the place holder remains and can NOT be removed. This results in a large empty space across the header under the menu pages. 

Extremely frustrating and annoying as I am told by support that the only way to remove the logo place holder is to revert back to a saved period which happens to be Dec 30th 2019. This means all the work I have made over the last 22 days have to be redone again!!!

There should be a warning to state "this action cannot be undone". You cannot see what it would look like before you decide to use it!! Makes zero sense to me!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Mikedub 

When I go to the site, I don't see a gap between the menu area and the next section. It looks rather fluid. It could possibly be a caching issue on your computer (I doubt it, though), but I would clear your web browser cache regardless.

One thing I know you can do, while not ideal, is to switch the themes temporarily. It basically defaults the sections. All your content will remain, though, so you won't lose that unless you delete sections permanently.

Let me know if that helps and make sure you @ me so it notifies me.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
    Super User II

What's your URL/domain?
    What product are you using?

* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Hi Mr Vapor.

URL is www.petticoatpilots.com

Not sure what you mean by what product am I using. I just built first site using godaddy web builder if that helps. It's an e-commerce site for an aviation book.

I thought it would be nice to add a logo but when I did, I could see it was not in a suitable place in the header. When I tried to remove it, the place holder remained, meaning that the gap from menu bar to the next section was very big and unsightly. It also looked worse on mobile devices.

Support told me I cannot remove it once it has been placed there. This does not make sense to me as how am I to know where the logo place holder will show prior to enabling it!

I would have thought it could be removed like any other section that I create throughout the site.

Thank you in advance

M.

@Mikedub 

When I go to the site, I don't see a gap between the menu area and the next section. It looks rather fluid. It could possibly be a caching issue on your computer (I doubt it, though), but I would clear your web browser cache regardless.

One thing I know you can do, while not ideal, is to switch the themes temporarily. It basically defaults the sections. All your content will remain, though, so you won't lose that unless you delete sections permanently.

Let me know if that helps and make sure you @ me so it notifies me.

View solution in original post