• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Help! Video as Background Cover Image

Hi Everyone! From Website Builder (Slate template) I see that it is possible to insert a video as a Background Cover Image via Pages-->Home-->Header-->Cover Image-->Replace-->Stock Media-->Stock Videos...

However...I would like to upload my own video.  I noticed it does not allow me to upload anything but a .gif file and it must be under 30mb.  I finally managed to get it to meet these requirements and when I upload it, it just renders as a still picture (no video).

I have also tried uploading it to social media and selecting it from there as well, but that doesn't work either. 

Someone please help!  Thanks in advance 🙂

8 REPLIES 8
    New

Re: Help! Video as Background Cover Image

I need the exact same help! Any answers?

I was able to speak to someone in support and they said the only videos available for background are the few that are in their stock library. I tried even a work around using a video from social media but that didn’t work either. They didn’t have a time frame of when that function would be available.

😕
    Bee
    Community Manager
    Community Manager
    Solution

Hi @aspireinhealth and @Reelin. After conferring with our product team, I can confirm that we're looking into options on how to make video headers more customizable but don't have a date for when something like that might be implemented. We definitely appreciate the feedback though!

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

any updates on this thread?

Helper I

Okay.. The problem with this is huge. One it knocks down the .cache speed. 

Meaning when someone goes to your website its going take them longer to load up that picture and for it to be set in motion it's going to have to access the .cache frame by frame which is more loading time. 

EEEEEEK! 

You do that and try to scrape it, it's a huge mess. If you met the requirements it should work but I don't really recommend a video background even if it's just stars dancing or hearts going back and forth. It can be distracting and frustrating more than eye-catching. 

However to successfully do this you would have to upload the photo as .avi or the format it requests in order to successfully upload the photo. 

Product Team
    Product Team

Hi,

We totally heard your feedback! Just want you to know that we are actively looking into this. I do not have a specific timeline yet but will definitely come back to you once we do. Thanks for being patient with us!

Best Regards,

Yun Kao, GoCentral Product Manager

I used to be able to do this on this template  -now its saying i cant upload my own video as front page background. i took a design gig with this feature as part of the sell. I need the feature back asap!!

NEED THIS FEATURE ASAP