• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

How do I set up an ongoing subscription payment for my customers in online store?

Hi

I accept paypal and stripe which is great but ideally I would like to have a subscription payment, so the money is taken from customers account each month. Any ideas on how I can do this in online store?
    Thanks

18 REPLIES 18
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I

Re: How do I set up an ongoing subscription payment for my customers in online store?

Hello @stuclare,

Since you already use PayPal I would suggest going in and creating a PayPal subscription button. All you then have to to is copy the PayPal code to your website and users should be able to select the subscription option or term and checkout through PayPal and be rebilled at the agreed upon timing. I have used that method for monthly payments for years and it is a breeze to setup and manage. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

New

Re: How do I set up an ongoing subscription payment for my customers in online store?

Thank you. Can you add HTML in GoDaddy 'Website Builder' or 'Online Store'?  I don't seem to be able to find any option to add HTML.

How do I set up an ongoing subscription payment for my customers in online store?

Hi, I have the same question as this one which was posted in May...

"I accept paypal and stripe which is great but ideally I would like to have a subscription payment, so the money is taken from customers account each month. Any ideas on how I can do this in online Stores?"

Your REPLY was ...

"Since you already use PayPal I would suggest going in and creating a PayPal subscription button. All you then have to to is copy the PayPal code to your website and users should be able to select the subscription option or term and checkout through PayPal and be rebilled at the agreed upon timing. I have used that method for monthly payments for years and it is a breeze to setup and manage. I hope that helps?"

Yes and No.  Where do I Paste the PayPal Code?  Ive looked everywhere.

Also, I'd like to offer a Quaterly Subscription and Bill the customer every 3 Months.  Is this possible?

Thanks

hey was wondering what you do did with this? I am currently in the same situation

Helper V
    Helper V
    Solution

@lipgaln,

@stuclare,

@JournalCreation,

@IntJok,

Custom code can be injected by adding a section...

https://www.godaddy.com/help/add-html-or-custom-code-to-my-site-27252

Please check the above article to add custom code...

Thank you

Regards,

Praveen Thomas

GoDaddy 24/7 Support www.x.co/247support
    ----->NEXIA
    Super User I
    Solution

Hey guys, for some reason I missed those questions but @p3root has it correct. All you have to do is use the Add HTML code to page - Website Builder 7. I hope that helps? 

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

Unfortunately the instructions provided by GD do not help, the article only tells you how to insert 'code' not specifically how to enable monthly product subscriptions on my site.

Super User I

First let me just say that I love the name @FrankieTwoSocks.the suggestion I made above was using PayPal to bill and rebill for subscription service. You would get the HTML code from PayPal and place it into your website using those instructions. Does that clarify? 

Thanks RD, that’s an okay workaround for PayPal customers but I have customers who pay with Vthr major credit cards as well (Visa, MC, etc.) and need a monthly subscription payment solution for all methods of payment.
    Super User I

It is true that you have to have a PayPal account to both pay and receive money using PayPal subscriptions @FrankieTwoSocks. I think any other solution just depends on what you're using to process payments. PayPal is not the only solution. What ate you currently using to process payments? 

I use both Stripe and PayPal to process payments.  My customers have the option of paying with (1) PayPal or (2) any major credit card (visa, mastercard, etc.) which is processed via Stripe.

Heidi

Super User I

You can do subscriptions with Stripe as well @FrankieTwoSocks. Check out Creating Subscriptions (Stripe) and see if that helps? If you are planning on letting the customer choose between PayPal subscription and Stripe subscriptions some creative code might be needed. Probably some Javascript onChange code? I hope that helps?

Thanks, I looked over the work instructions at a high level and will review in greater detail later today. 

A point of clarification, my customers will pay via PayPal and major credit cards, they do not have any engagement with Stripe, that is our company's back-end merchant service.  How will the front end UI look if I use the plug-in instructions, do you have a screen shot of what it looks like on the front end for the customer? Before enabling, I would like to see how it looks before going through 2 separate sets of instructions for PayPal & Stripe.

Thanks, Heidi

Super User I

I do not have a example of that kind of setup because I don't bill that way @FrankieTwoSocks. What I'd expect is that the first thing you'd ask is:

• How would you like to pay?
    1. PayPal subscription (PayPal account required)
    2. Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express

With the option 2 going to the Stripe checkout code. I understood how your customers pay. The thing with PayPal subscription is that it requires both a PayPal account and a credit card on file. So you can still pay with a credit card via PayPal as long as you have a account. To my knowledge customers do not have to have a Stripe account for the Stripe subscription method? 

What I've suggested is all code native to the payment platform and provided by the platform itself. My typical thought is to stay as close to native code as possible so no plugin required? PayPal code is native, Stripe code is native and the HTML snippet is native. 

Thanks for the reply, but sorry RD, this is still really confusing. Is there a # to call and talk through this further?  Support through the 1-800 # does not have the answer, so would need someone from your department to walk-through.

Super User I

What you want is a little bit more than cut and paste @FrankieTwoSocks. I don't know that support can help with this kind of custom thing? I'm not a GoDaddy employee, I'm just a Community member with too much free time.

Got it, thanks RD, wasn't aware you were a volunteer.   Appreciate all of your help, I'll take it from here.

Sadly the HTML module does not usually display when viewed from Microsoft Edge browser; otherwise my integrated PayPal html works great. First GD rep tried to tell me Edge isn’t that important... that’s an issue that seems to have floated around here for almost a year w/o resolution. Would love another solution!