• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Highlighted

Image and css folders

I uploaded my HTM files and folders containing images and CSS. Same structure as I had locally. The CSS and images are not showing up in preview. How can I fix this?

2 REPLIES 2
    Highlighted
    Advocate V Advocate V
    Advocate V

Re: Image and css folders

Maybe include a link so we can check the source files?  Often, when this happens to me, I find the src attribute points to a file system resource like d:\site_files\mysite\images\logo.jpg and all that's needed is a relative link like /images/logo.jpg (notice the slashes vice backslashes).

Keep on Coding!
    Mark Cicchetti - There are 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary and those who don't.
    Highlighted
    Helper I
    Helper I

Re: Image and css folders

I'd reflect @D3's thoughts.  There's not quite enough information to be able to say what exactly is going on.  Without knowing more, I'd suspect that your file paths are either absolute based on a system path structure, or your root has possibly changed relative to your project assets.

Sometimes to troubleshoot issues like that, it's helpful to right click on the broken image and take a look at the full path that the browser is using to locate the resource.  Sometimes that can shed some light on the issue, and give you a better idea of what it's looking for, vs what it should be.

Mike
    Web Developer at BOLDelite.com