• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    New

Instant Page upgraded to Personal Builder, but nothing change !

- I have created it very easy that free Instant Page using my domain explicit-bidding.com, then I used the button for upgrade inside the page, and bought 1 year Personal plan for $12 a year, , hopping it will go automatically live like: http://explicit-bidding. com , and 10 days nothing happened !!!!   HELP !  HELP !  HELP at last !

- Very easy to create, ABSOLUTELY DIFFICULT to go live with it !!! Bad Hosting or what ?

- I think, when you upgrade to paid service Builder, using the button which is inside that Instant Page, the page must go instantly live on Internet with address of your domain you have associated with by the start !!!

Pawel Boiew

Pawell Boiew
    3 REPLIES 3
    Community Manager

Hi @Pavell

Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community!

Sorry you were caught off guard by your content disappearing. I don't see a website on explicit-bidding.com at the moment. My suggestion would be to either reach out to our support team to see if there's a way they can recover the content or try looking up your site on an archive site. Many websites that have previously been online can be found at http://web.archive.org. 

Question for the Community: How do you deal with unexpected content changes? Do you have any strategies in place to plan for this? 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

GoDaddy offers for Instant pages or any other number of pages are a bad catch for stupid customers like me, wasting their time to build them and on the end the program is not able to provide clear path of who that page(s) be upgraded and go life. I personally will NEVER use anymore any of GoDaddy's offers for free pages! I'm a long customer of GoDaddy, and by my opinion the services of it deteriorated over the time luring the customers to build fast and stupid web sites by removing some of previous Builder capabilities. With the new Builder you can not anymore lock a page for for private use of your friends. If you want now such service you must spend over $300 for for programs which are not for everyone. If you are not able to write your own Java code, your side build with the new Builder will look simple and stupid, not to speak that it will save automatically all your mistakes you may do by the time of the building, and you can not go back and correct them (the undo arrow is useless after auto saving). Instead you must delete the site and start all over from the start which is outrageous. Do not respond to my post, I will not buy anything more from that company and I'm looking to leave GoDaddy services in the future when my sites expited. The old Builder was 10 times better than the current, but they press you to upgrade with endless messages which you can not stop, the same thing which Microsoft do now with their Windows 10. We become victims of pressing advertisements for upgrading (unfortunately sometimes to the bad product) without the right to stop or remove.

Pavell

Pawell Boiew

Hey Pavell, 

I'm really sorry to hear about the experience you've had upgrading to a personal builder. I'll gladly pass along this feedback to our developers to take into consideration with future updates they have planned with our services to help improve on the experience. 

In the meantime, if you're encountering difficulties using the new page designer then our live support team is available to help walk you though any trouble spots you're encountering directly. If you haven't done so already, you might try giving our team a call or starting a chat session when available. We'd hate to lose you, so please let our support team help out as best they can within your account. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support