• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Helper I

Item Group ID Column - Google Shopping

Hello Folks, is anyone else using the Google Shopping market place? 

Does anyone know how to get the Item Group ID Column to populate? 

Mr_Audio_0-1600137814989.png

As you can see I have managed to get the Aiwa FX-808 in there, I just cant remember how I did it.

2 REPLIES 2
    Employee

Hello @Mr_Audio and again thank you for being a part of the Community!

I took a look on how to complete this and found two resources that might help. I do not have a Google Merchant Account to test these resource's instructions but they might be helpful in regards to troubleshooting the issue.

It looks like you need to complete this within your Google Merchant Account, with your Primary Feeds. Please let me know if this worked for you, I would be happy to further assist.

I hope you have a wonderful rest of your week 😃.

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

Thanks for the reply @SG4101.  In the demo video the guy is configuring his google data feed using a spread sheet.  Which works if you have about 2 products.  I currently have about 20 products with about 10 variants on each product and adding more constantly.  The merchant connection provided by godaddy does all of this for you.  It tags all of the products with the correct information, GTIN, MPN, description etc.  So you don't need the spread sheet method.  

When all of this information gets bundled together into the Feed that godaddy sends google it queries the information from your store, so when you look at the feed the data ins un-editable, because it is being populated elsewhere. 

I'm getting an error back form google that the feed is missing information, namely the Item Group Id.   

Here is a post about it and showing the error I see from google. 

https://www.godaddy.com/community/Websites-Marketing-Website/Google-Shopping-action-connection-error...

In looking over everything I noticed on the Google shopping listings tab there is a column displayed for the Item Group ID.  (see picture in the first post)  I cannot figure out how to get data in that column.