• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Need help with shipping charges

I have two types of items in my store. Perishable and non-perishable. The Perishable items need to ship via FedEx overnight and non-perishable ships usps. When a customer buys a perishable item and non-perishable items in the same order they get charged only for the FedEx overnight. How can I make sure they get charged for both shipping methods when they order both types of items at once?
    1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Super User II

@Jambers 

The only way I can see to possibly do this within the constraints of W+M for your perishable items is to designate a shipping fee at the product level (on the shipping tab/lower area.   When you do that, that amount will be used instead of any shipping methods for that item.

I would think that amount would be charged for that item and the rest of the order would use your other established methods.  My W+M is a test site so I cannot test this to see if it works.  Maybe give that a try and see if that works for you? 😉

Other than that, for more complex shipping formulas, you would need to consider looking at WordPress/WooCommerce.

Judith
    "I never lose. Either I win or I learn." ~ Me

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
    Super User II

@Jambers 

The only way I can see to possibly do this within the constraints of W+M for your perishable items is to designate a shipping fee at the product level (on the shipping tab/lower area.   When you do that, that amount will be used instead of any shipping methods for that item.

I would think that amount would be charged for that item and the rest of the order would use your other established methods.  My W+M is a test site so I cannot test this to see if it works.  Maybe give that a try and see if that works for you? 😉

Other than that, for more complex shipping formulas, you would need to consider looking at WordPress/WooCommerce.

Judith

View solution in original post

@Muse Is there a way to add woocommerce to my W + M? I just need the shipping issue fixed I don't really have the time to learn the word press stuff and build a site from scratch. Plus, I really am happy with how my current website/store is now.

@Jambers 

Unfortunately, no.  WooCommerce is a plugin specifically for WordPress. 

W+M is uber cool and makes having a website super easy, however it does have its limitations, which you are experiencing.   Keep WP plus Woo in mind moving forward if you experience more growing pains as that would be the next logical move. 😉

Judith