• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Sound Cloud will not AUTOPLAY on Android or Apple. Only on desktop computers.

Switched entire site to new Go Central Web Builder (from the old version)

Sound Cloud (single song) I've embedded the correct code on my page.  It AUTOplays for everyone on a desktop but it does not on Android or Apple phones/tablets.  This is really annoying to me since it's an In Memoriam page for pets and over 90% of people use their phones/tablets now to access.  And can only see images and not hear the song Smiley Sad 

What other snippet of code do we have to add to the Embed to get it to work on everything?

Please help.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I

Re: Sound Cloud will not AUTOPLAY on Android or Apple. Only on desktop computers.

I'm going to tell you right off @Njskidge I'm a bit biased when it comes to auto play music on a website. In general I feel like music should not play automatically but I'm a bit old school when it comes to that. Now that my preference is clear...

I know that it seems in this unlimited data world that mobile browsers can do it all but that is not the case. Mobile browsers behave differently with regard to accessing and caching data. My initial thought is that the auto play is a limitation because of bandwidth? I don't think there is a way to auto play embedded music from SoundCloud on mobile browsers? If you host your music elsewhere you can setup auto play but I just don't advise it. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head