• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Helper I

Upgrading from Trial + Specific Product Suggestion

Hi GoDaddy GoCentral crew,

One of our GoCentral Business Plus websites will be ending the 30-day trial period next week. Since we're simply continuing from a Business Plus trial account to a Business Plus 3-year pre-paid account that's been purchased -- we don't have to redesign and publish the site, right? We're choosing to extend the trial into it's identical paid-product...so while it makes sense, just wanted to be sure 🙂
    ------- 
    1) We'll be starting on our newest site for another business, an insurance agency, very soon. We won't be selling policies directly on the site, but rather using it primarily for 3 purposes. Please read our intended usage and make a recommendation on what solution(s) would be best to consider: 
    • Landing page to collect lead-data from potential customers on customized entry-field form
    • Private employee login page to access private sub-site with: best practices (videos/articles), payroll deposit info. of commissions, and a unified Google calendar for our brokerage employees
    • Standard customer-facing page seen by carriers we hold contracts with, displaying portfolio of products and vision statement / about us etc.

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
    Helper I

Re: Upgrading from Trial + Specific Product Suggestion

Bump Smiley Very Happy

Helper I

It's been a full week today...how can I get some help and support on these products I spent hundreds of dollars on pre-paying years in advance?

Our Business Plus trial ends in less than 48 hours, how do I activate the Business Plus plan I bought without re-building the entire site.

Helper I

Hello? Please help GoDaddy!

I was sent here by GEM department...really, really need an answer please

Employee
    Employee

@FYFBNF 

I'm so sorry for the delay - Community is designed to be a place where community members are primarily responding to each other. You are absolutely correct that your existing site will convert from a free trial to a paid site and you will not need to do anything at all on the site itself. 

Thank you for using GoCentral, and apologies again for the delay - 
    Heidi

Employee
    Employee

@FYFBNF, responding to your second question, regarding which product you should use for your other site: I think, based on your description, that you'll be best-served with a Managed WordPress site. GoCentral can support everything except "payroll deposit info. of commissions" - which I'm assuming will need security and authentication, and some integration with the source data of that feature. If you serve this information on another, existing site (say, a 3rd party vendor site) and you just need to add a link that the employee would click to get to that site and log in to see their payroll deposit info, then GoCentral can handle that. It supports password-protected pages, but does not have the ability to serve personalized data to each user depending on a login at this time. 

Helper I

@hgibson THANK YOU!

Thank you for confirming, everyone we spoke with (over the phone) at GoDaddy told us the entire site would have to be re-designed from scratch. 

How do I connect the existing website www.birdsnestfurniture.com with our paid-up 3 year GoCentral Business Plus, so the transition is seamless and immediate? 

Thanks so much!

Helper I

Hi again @hgibson (or anyone with GoDaddy who's willing to help on this topic we've been asking about for over a month)

Received an email last week about our 'temporary' website being deleted. I made a follow-up post a couple weeks ago asking how to follow-through on your solution to connect our 3 year GoCentral plan to our trial temporary site but never heard back. That's the most important thing for us.

--

How do we connect our paid GoCentral Business Plus account, to convert our trial GoCentral Business Plus website into a long-term fully-featured permanent site/account!?

Employee
    Employee

Hey there @FYFBNF! I sent you a private message if you would please get back to me asap to get this solved. 🙂