• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Website Builder Business vNext error 404

I created a page using Website Builder Business vNext and continuously when users browse my page, error 404 appears. Could you please tell me what I should do to stop this from happening?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
    Super User II
    Super User II
    Solution

Re: Website Builder Business vNext error 404

Hello 

The typical trigger for an error 404 message is when website content has been removed or moved to another URL. So how exactly can you go about achieving a 404 error fix? Our advice would be to try out these potential solutions (in the order that they are listed):

Refresh page
    The first thing you should do is simply refresh. You can press Ctrl+F5 to force a refresh on the page. The error may appear just because the page wouldn’t load.

Clear browser’s cache and cookies
    If you are able to visit the page from another device, such as your phone, clearing the cache and cookies will usually solve the problem.

Check the URL
    Make sure that the URL inputted correctly. This includes spelling of the URL, correct slashes, file extension of the page and so forth.

Scan for Malware
    There are some malware files that will force a 404 Error on websites. It’s imperative to make sure your computer is clean and not compromised.

Contact the Webmaster
    Go ahead and send a message to the webmaster and let them know of the 404 error. If you are the website owner then contact your hosting provider for more information. If the server is encountering problems, it may return 404 errors.

Zulfiqar Anees | GoDaddy Pro | Founder/CEO at FastTech Media, TechMag, and ZulWeb.

Re: Website Builder Business vNext error 404

if i type a non existing page on my website, i get a 404 error
    can i reroute it to the home page ?