• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Highlighted

Website just shows white screen

I have just finished building my new website and it just shows up as a blank white screen with a favicon next to the tab name. I have spoken to both domain and hosting support and the issue still hasn't been resolved so I wanted to know if anyone on here has had this particular issue and how you solved it.

Here are the details:

The website was built live under the cover of a construction page, so all the files are in the root folder. Support has confirmed for me the files are correct, index.php and the WordPress installation and all the files are where they are meant to be for the site to be live, the DNS points to the correct name-servers. For all intents and purposes it should be showing up perfectly.

Hosting told me my theme files for BeTheme were out of date and incompatible with the latest version of WordPress, so I downloaded the latest version of BeTheme with the updated plugins and uploaded them via Plesk file manager. They all show up as up to date. Everything is exactly where it's meant to be and now it's all updated and compatible and the website is still showing the white screen of death, and a favicon for the site which is all that loads. I tried disabling and re-enabling all the plugins as well but it made no difference and the theme requires 6 of 9 plugins I have to operate and currently those 6 are the only ones I have active. I have no idea what else to try and neither does the support staff.

I really don't want to have to find and buy a whole new theme and rebuild my website. Please help.

1 REPLY 1
    Highlighted
    Advocate VI Advocate VI
    Advocate VI

Re: Website just shows white screen

I understand that you don't want to start over with a new theme. Did you try switching to another theme (one of the defaults like twentysixteen) just to see if it is then working? At least that would tell you if the theme is the problem.

When I looked up the theme here, it says its compatible with WP 4.5, but it does not list 4.5.1 or 4.5.2.

Is there any support available for the theme? I see it's a paid theme so the answer SHOULD be yes.