• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

adding a like feature

i'm currently building a website for the first time.

the basis is pretty simple.  i just want to add a phrase or a comment and have people be able to "like" or "dislike" the phrase as well as be able to comment on it as well.  is this something i can do on my own pretty easily and if so how?

your input is greatly appreciated

thank you

2 REPLIES 2
    Advocate VII

Hi @sushiboss,

Could you give a little more information as to what you want to have happen AFTER the like/comment has been submitted?  Are the phrases/comments on a page/post by themselves, or is this embedded in page/post so that you have more than one opportunity to like/comment per reading session?  As you've said it shouldn't be too difficult, just need to know what context to put it into!

Without knowing more, there are some very stong features in Gravity Forms that may be useful.  It has some "conditionals" in it that wlll display/behave depending on how the person answers the question.

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites
    Helper V

Disqus might be an easy way. WordPress is another possibility; sounds like it would be a good fit for you. Otherwise you can do a search for possibilities; it somewhat depends on your site and your technical qualifications.

Search