• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Product Team
    Product Team

Re: how to enable comments on blog posts on builder?

Hi everyone!

We had not announced it here yet because we're in the middle of a gradual rollout of the commenting feature to make sure that everything works as expected. If you don't see it for your site yet, you'll be seeing it soon!

Susan

Product Team
    Product Team
    Solution

We just completed the rollout, so you should all start seeing the option to turn on commenting on your blogs through Disqus!

This is not an improvement. Commenters are required to sign up for a Disqus
    account. It also slows your system. I will not use this and will be
    removing my blog from GoDaddy.

--
    Rich Heiland
    Free Press Publications, LLC
    FPP Constributes to Walker County News Today
    936-293-0293
    freepresstx@gmail.com

This is not a fix. It is a commercial app you could have added a long time ago. This requires a commenter to create a Disqus account, something most casual commenters will not do. I assume they also have to give Disqus certain information to create an account they by and large won’t want or use that much. Additionally this app has started to fall out of favor because of negative impacts on speed, etc. I will be removing my blog from GoDaddy as soon as I find a suitable replacement host. This experience has made me appreciate WordPress in spite of its flaws. I think I will just go back to it.

Product Team
    Product Team
    Solution

By default, Disqus requires commenters to log in to help prevent spam. However, if you go into the Disqus moderation panel you can change that by going to Settings > Community and checking the box to allow guest commenting.

Except for advanced features like the one described above, you shouldn't need to go into the Disqus moderation panel for anything. We've taken the time to do a deeper integration with Disqus that allows you to handle everything within your website builder or from your own blog posts where you can moderate inline. We've also negotiated a contract with Disqus to allow everyone using the feature to have ad-free comments, normally an experience only available at paid levels.

Disqus does commenting well, so in this case, it made the most sense to work with the experts to meet the needs of our GoCentral site owners. 

Exactly, I prefer to work with experts. So, that's why I change my domain to WordPress with an integrated user friendly comment section. This fix with Disqus is so lame and come so so late 🙄

Yes, I got mine working yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone