cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

home directory not visible (in FTP) for new hosted site

I just purchased a hosted site and setup an FTP account.  I successfully logged in via FileZilla but do not see my home / public folder.  The directory contains just one file: .ftpquota.  Through the GoDaddy web-based file manager, I can see my public directory and can upload files.  This must be a configuration issue in my account or FTP setup preventing me from getting to the right location in FileZilla.

I've hosted and built several sites, but never hosted on GoDaddy.  So, I generally know what I'm doing but can't figure out this one weird access issue.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
Helper V

Re: home directory not visible (in FTP) for new hosted site

@gromf

Hi there,

I noticed something with my main connections.... not just one of them .... the connection starts out as ftp.whatever.com , I have been changing this to ftp://whatever.com (couple of mine are ftps -have not seen it with these), and walla everything works fine.

Such a little thing to overlook. Maybe this will help you?

Wish you well!

Mrsroadrunner Photography
New

Thanks for the response and suggestion.  Unfortunately, it didn't resolve the issue.

whenever I tired to take backup for my site I got an error: 404 not found ..Plz suggest a possible solution