Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
wherking
New

sql error when trying to import db for WP during migration from old Hosting account to Maximum hosti

I am trying to migrate wordpress sites and a drupal site from my old "Deluxe Web Hosting Linux" account to my new Maximum Linux Hosting with cPanel: account, but I am getting this error when I try to upload the new database

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'PK' at line 1

I am following the directions from these pages, but none of them are showing screenshot examples of something I would see in the old "Deluxe" package. 

https://ca.godaddy.com/help/migrate-my-wordpress-site-manually-27392

https://ca.godaddy.com/help/move-a-web-application-to-my-linux-hosting-account-20223

https://ca.godaddy.com/help/create-a-mysql-database-in-my-linux-hosting-16016

I have looked online for answers, but everything I've found seems to assume I am writing my own query rather than using the GoDaddy phpAdmin panel to export the old database

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PL281
Super User IV

@wherking 

Just wondering how large the database is - Also I'm assuming you created the database first on the new server and just trying to upload the SQL file

Usually in these instances - I will export a few tables at a time until I get them all

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PL281
Super User IV

@wherking 

Just wondering how large the database is - Also I'm assuming you created the database first on the new server and just trying to upload the SQL file

Usually in these instances - I will export a few tables at a time until I get them all

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post