Configure my website monitoring
Website Security provides several different website monitors that will notify you by email if something looks wrong with your site. When you set up your Website Security, you'll want to review and configure the Monitoring Types to make the most of your website protection.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Under Website Security and Backups, next to the site you want to configure, select Manage.
- Under Monitoring, select Details.
- The monitoring dashboard will appear with a list of sites that have monitoring enabled. Select the site you'd like additional monitoring types activated for.
- In the upper right corner, select Settings.
- Switch the toggle next to the monitoring type you wish to activate or deactivate.
- Once a monitoring type is activated, select the frequency of the scans from the dropdown list.
Monitoring TypesRemote Malware Monitoring
An SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is a certificate on the website that allows encryption of information from the client to the server. If your site uses an SSL certificate, it is important to know the status of the certificate in order to keep your customer’s Personal Identifiable Information safe (PII).
It's rare that your SSL certificate will change, but if it does, you will be alerted to any changes via email.DNS Monitoring
DNS is a protocol used by computers to communicate. It turns a website's name (coolexample.com, for example) into an Internet Protocol (IP) address like 123.45.567.891. The name provided by DNS is what we use as humans to read the website name. The IP is what the computers use to locate the website.
This monitoring option will monitor the IP address of your website, nameservers and MX records. It's rare for this information to change, but if it does we will notify you.Blocklist Monitoring
There are a number of blocklisting authorities that monitor for malware, spam, and phishing attempts. You will be alerted if your site is blocklisted on any of the following:
- Opera browser
- Sucuri Malware Labs blocklist
- Yandex (via Sophos)
If you need any assistance with configuring these scans, please feel free to request website security help.
- After you've configured your website monitors, review these tips to keep your website clean.