Create Digital Downloadable Products
WooCommerce allows merchants to create downloadable and digital products, which are then treated differently to products that require shipping. You can create a digital product with the following steps:
- Sign in to WordPress.
- Go to Products > All Products > Add New to add a new Simple and Downloadable product, as outlined in Add a simple product in WooCommerce.
- Select the Downloadable checkbox.
- After selecting the checkbox, Downloadable products options will appear: Downloadable Files, Download Limit, Download Expiry.
- Select the Add File button, then name the file.
- Enter the File URL if it's hosted elsewhere, or select the Choose file button to upload a new file or choose an existing file from your Media Library.
- Once your file is selected, click Insert file URL to set up the downloadable file URL.
- Enter Download limit (optional). Once a user hits this limit, they can no longer download the file.
- Enter Download expiry or leave blank. If you define a number of days, the download link will expire after that.
- Save your product to save changes.
Note: For the downloadable file URL, the URL of the product must match the URL of your site. For example, if you have 'www' in your site URL, then the file URL must have 'www' also.
- Configure settings for downloadable products
- Add Downloadable Variations to Variable Products
- Combine Downloadable and Virtual products
- Manage Orders with Downloadable Line items
- Questions? Check out WooCommerce's frequently asked questions for digital and downloadable products.