Enable DISSALLOW_FILE_EDIT in WordPress
|Verify WordPress is up-to-date||Make the WordPress version private|
|Block PHP in directories||Remove WordPress readme file|
|Enable DISSALLOW_FILE_EDIT in WordPress|
To further harden your WordPress site from unwanted changes, it can be important to enable a setting to help prevent modification of your plugin and theme files.
- You should always backup your site before making any changes.
- Log in to WordPress.
- Go to Sucuri Security > Settings.
- Click on the Hardening tab.
- Find the section labled Plugin and Theme Editor.
- If the section is red, click on the Apply Hardening button.
You have now prevented your WordPress plugin and theme files from being edited as easily by malicious code.
- Return to Install and set up Sucuri security plugin in WordPress.
- For more information about our premium support for WordPress, please visit our WP Premium Support Catalog.