Install a SIM card into your Poynt Smart Terminal
Insert a data only SIM card (sold separately) into your Poynt Smart Terminal V3.0 to connect it to a cellular 4G LTE network.
- Data only network plan
- Data only Nano SIM card (Voice only or Voice & Data SIM cards are not compatible with the Smart Terminal)
- 4G (or above)
- Recommended: AT&T service provider
- IMEI number: Some service providers require an IMEI number to associate a SIM card to your device. To find this on your Smart Terminal, tap Settings, and then About.
- Locate the SIM card tray. This is on the right side of the Smart Terminal when facing the merchant screen.
- With the power off, insert a thin, pointed tool (like a SIM eject tool or a pin) into the small hole on the tray and pull it out slowly and gently. Be careful not to damage the device or tray.
- Insert the SIM card. Make sure the gold contacts are facing up and the notched end is furthest from the Smart Terminal.
- Carefully push the tray back into the device.
- With the SIM card installed, you can connect the Smart Terminal to a mobile network.