Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DK_
New

Can't cancel auto renew on 2 accounts

I have 2 separate godaddy accounts. Created in late 2017 for the sole purpose of getting something extra from a game I play (sign up, create a domain, get some extra junk in the game). So when I created them I cancelled my auto renew on them immediately as I never had any intention of using the domains.

Fast forward to September this year and it automatically renewed one, that I didn't know happened until I just did a quick search through my bank now.

Fast forward to today and I just found a charge to my bank account for another $22-ish (same as September). So this triggered me to search, and I found the one from Sept as well.

So I go into both accounts and try to cancel the renew as I've just been slugged for almost $50 AUD. It says it can't do it. It can't cancel auto-renew????

I mean, I'm not one to get pissed off, but I can clearly see that the intention has never been for us to be able to cancel. 

I now have to call my bank in the morning to try to get both charges reversed, AND get my **bleep**ing card cancelled because this company is an absolute scam. I would try to contact support to resolve this, but even if they told me over the phone that they'd cancel it I wouldn't be able to believe them. I don't believe for one minute that the auto renew button is broken. Funny how everything on the site works fine apart from that button. It is designed to be as difficult as possible to cancel. Shame on you.

1 REPLY 1
JesseW
Community Manager

Hi @DK_. Thanks for posting. I'm not sure why you wouldn't be able to cancel automatic renewal for future orders. That usually only happens if you've also purchased our Protected Registration service. If you have that by chance, you'll need to cancel it first before you can change renewal settings for the associated domain. 

If you don't' have Protected Registration, I'd encourage you to connect with our customer care team to see about getting a refund for the recent renewal. Most single year domain renewals can be refunded if the domain is canceled within 45 days of renewal. The support team should be able to help you cancel the domains or update your settings if you're still having problems. 

You can contact the support team by calling any of the numbers listed here. If you don't wish to call, you can reach out to our chat support team. They are available Monday - Friday, 5 am to 6 pm (UTC/GMT -7) on the United States - English version of our Help page.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give likes.