cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

My Domain has Disappeared

Hello,  I purchased a premium domain name from GoDaddy in May.  It was in my account for a short amount of time and has since vanished.  I have proof of payment and my ticket number and have contacted customer service about this several times - by phone, chat and because the chat person recommended it - I sent an email to GoDaddy's phishing email.  When I contacted GoDaddy by phone I was being helped by a business advisor who could see that the domain had been transferred out of my account.  He could not tell me who it had been transferred to and he took my number and said he was going to look into this and call me back.  I tried to contact him by email and phone after not hearing and never was able to reach him.  I then started over with customer service by phone a couple days later and they could not help me.  I then tried a chat session of which I saved the entire transcript and they said to contact phishing for GoDaddy.  I have sent two emails to phishing and have received NO response.  Everyone I talk with says they can see the issue, no one can help.  I have proof of payment and my ticket number.  How is this possible? Go Daddy support has been awful!

4 REPLIES 4
Super User IV

@NB47 

What is the domain name and was this a domain purchased at auction??

I'm not quite sure why they had you email GoDaddy's Phishing Email. I am an end user so I can't see your specific account, but I maybe able to point you in the right direction / some insight as to what might have happened.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

daythinker.com

Not purchased at auction. It was a premium purchase for $500. Here’s the receipt I received:

.COM Premium Domain Registration
(associated with: daythinker.com )
Purchased on original receipt: [removed]

It’s no longer associated with my login and no one at GoDaddy has been helpful at all - they tell me it’s been transferred to another account. THey cannot tell me what account or why it was transferred or how to get it back.

@NB47 

The only thing I can think of is that this domain originally expired on May 10th. You purchased it, however it was in a redemption period so the original owner was able to pay the renewal / redemption fee and get the domain back - as such it was removed from your account - you should have also received a refund in this case. 

If you did not I would reach out to GoDaddy support over the phone and ask if the can open a case on it.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Hi @NB47,

Were you able to work this out with the GoDaddy Customer Support team? It's not clear why the phishing department would be involved unless you were phished for account data and the account was compromised. Was there an issue with the transfer of the domain after purchase? You may also contact the aftermarket team regarding a premium domain purchase at auctions@godaddy.com.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support