Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    15 REPLIES 15
    Super User III
    Super User III

Re: December 2018: What's new in GoCentral Website Builder

Hey @emma,

Thanks for the update! Looks like GoCentral is improving, as per the usual.

Question: It's asked a lot in here but is there a way to give direct feedback to the GC team on possible feature requests?

Also,I know when I worked there we had a roadmap. The whole thing isn't something you would want to show all the customers, for sure, what with things changing. Is there a way you could show us maybe the stuff the GC team knows is going to be in there? Instead of the long view the roadmap had, maybe a quarterly one for customers to see?

Thanks!

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Are you ever going to get to product layout?   SO MUCH WASTED REAL ESTATE ON THE LEFT SIDE.   empty  empty  empty

for those of us that know html - why n ot "allow"   html or custom CSS where we can adjust a few things as before. 

9021LOWE

Any work on product layout?     to be able to use the wasted space on the left?  

What about custom CSS?  

9021LOWE
    Product Team
    Product Team

Hello! Thanks for the feedback.

Is there a specific widget / site element that you feel is too empty on the left? Have you tried all 7 of the "Content" layouts?

We'll continue to make GoCentral more flexible to help customers meet their goals with beautiful and professional websites. GoDaddy also offers Managed WordPress for more technical customers who wish to get under the hood and change the HTML and CSS.

I am trying to Insert a video to Product the instructions from Go Daddy are very clear about how to do this but, I don't have the insert video icon described in the instructions. Tech support tells me that the "NEW" version does not have this function. When was this taken away? and Why would you go backward in functionality? I see the Add Video icon is even available here while I am writing this. My only option is to add a link that will take a customer away from my page. Risking that he does not return and make the purchase. Very disappointed.

Product Team
    Product Team

Let me make sure I understand the question. Are you wanting to add a video to an individual product description on your online store? Or just add a video to your website?

Product Team
    Product Team

Hi, Joe! I'm glad you like the updates.

There is way to send feedback / input! Within the GoCentral Editor, there is a question mark icon in the bottom right-hand corner. Click it to send feedback to the product team.

Unfortunately, we aren't able to share our roadmap. But if something is actively being worked on and is super close to ready, we can give you a "coming soon" heads up. That would also apply to features on a limited (test) release.

I am trying to add a video to the product description page. just as described in the Go Daddy instructions given here. https://www.godaddy.com/help/add-video-to-product-page-20049

I am told by tech support that the Insert Video function has been removed. I am very disappointed as this is now a very basic feature for almost all shopping sites to include a video of the product that does not take you away from the shopping page.

Product Team
    Product Team

Hi,

Thanks for raising this feature need.  We do have the Product Video feature on our roadmap and we'll get to this soon.  Unfortunately,  I can't share a definitive timeline with you, right now.  But, please do stay tuned.

Thanks,

Mohan Kumaresh,

Product Manager,  GoCentral Online Stores

Helper V

@ProdMgr_OLS What is the timeline for making the Quick Search feature function properly? Right now, for example, it's bringing up 3 items instead of over 100 in one of my categories!

Thanks.

RE: December 2018: What's new in GoCentral Website Builder

HELLO MR ProdMgr,

So far so good with this GoCentral. However, since the last update stripped out the ability to select a right or left side for picture placement in the content template, when will this be fixed, and how soon? 

Tom Kill

Helper V

@tomwkill @ProdMgr_OLS  I'M WITH YOU TOM! My sites are totally jacked up now!! Can't make any changes without this error getting published. Please get this fixed ASAP!

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Re: RE: December 2018: What's new in GoCentral Website Builder

Hi @tomwkill. Could you further explain what you mean? From everything I've seen, there has never been an option to change which side of the layout a photo is on in a content section unless it's part of a different layout altogether. Unless you're referring to an "About" section. Those can still have images on left or right by collapsing part of the section. If you could provide screenshots of what you're referring to, that may help. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Is it possible to go back to the previous Website Builder??? With every update and change I make to my site, I'm becoming more and more frustrated with how cumbersome and non-user friendly this platform is. I can't even copy and paste, or insert a photo and move it around just to say "SOLD OUT." I can't even write in BIG BOLD LETTERS like I'm doing now to do the same. I was sold this product over the phone as the old platform was supposedly expiring, and never would have purchased it had I known...

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hi @gdstravels. Thanks for posting. If you don't wish to use the new Website Builder, then I'd suggest contacting our support team to see if it's possible to reverse the change over to the new plan. Depending on your situation, they may be able to work that out for you. Please keep in mind that this is a community forum rather than a support form. Users here do not have access to internal GoDaddy systems and generally aren't able to assist with account specific issues.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.