cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    BCGG2019
    New

Insert or delete element and shift rest of page

I recently took over maintenance of our organization's website. One thing I can't find is how to insert a new element (text box, photo, button, etc.) into an existing page and have the rest of the page shift downward to accommodate it. Likewise, if I delete something, how to shift everything else up. Seems obvious, but I can't figure out how to do it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @BCGG2019,

It sounds like you may be using one of the older website builders that pre-dates the Websites+Marketing plans. Some accounts still have the GoCentral version 7 builders or earlier. If this is the case, you may use these instructions to work on that website. These definitely look different, on point for their day, but surpassed by the newer Websites+Marketing builders. GoDaddy will continue to support those for a while, and the instructions may help you.

You may wish to consider starting on a new plan, copying and pasting elements from the older one as you rebuild. You can see more of the features in the new plans here - and start on it free for 30 days to see if you like it. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at godaddy.com/help/contact-us

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
    TLH

Hi @BCGG2019,

Welcome to the Community!

Take a look at these instructions for adding the appropriate sections to the pages to place the information you wish. That will push the other content in the next section down. Make sure when you remove something, to distinguish if it's just an element, or an entire section. If only an element, make sure all returns are removed,. If you want to remove a section, click the 3 dots at the far upper right of that section, then choose the delete option. 

Any ideas? I'm extremely frustrated with this GoDaddy website editor. None of the documentation or help matches the editor that I'm using. It seems really crude and opaque. i think GoDaddy was a poor choice for hosting.

BCGG2019
    New

Thanks, but there is nothing in my editor regarding sections no matter where I look. It looks completely different from what's the video. As I hover around, all that gets highlighted are the individual elements such as text boxes, photos, buttons, etc. I can't find the word "section" anywhere in any menu, submenu, navigation pane, etc. For reference, I'm getting to the editor via My Products -> Web Sites + Marketing -> Business Plus Website Builder - Manage -> Edit Site. That gets me to an editor with "Website Builder" across the top with a few other items, a pinnable menu down the left to add things, and a WYSIWYG editor in the middle. It looks quite different (more primitive) than the one in the video. Are there various "Website Builder" versions or something?

Hi @BCGG2019,

It sounds like you may be using one of the older website builders that pre-dates the Websites+Marketing plans. Some accounts still have the GoCentral version 7 builders or earlier. If this is the case, you may use these instructions to work on that website. These definitely look different, on point for their day, but surpassed by the newer Websites+Marketing builders. GoDaddy will continue to support those for a while, and the instructions may help you.

You may wish to consider starting on a new plan, copying and pasting elements from the older one as you rebuild. You can see more of the features in the new plans here - and start on it free for 30 days to see if you like it. 

View solution in original post