Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

product purchase options

My "purchase" paypal button and/or the website builder does not allow for picking the number of products to purchase and adding to the "cart" to then checkout. The button goes direct to PayPal so if the customer wants to buy more than one item they have to go back and do a separate transaction. I'm new at this... what have I missed? Is this something I have to fix on PayPal or in editing my Website. Can't find the solution. Help! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @positiveval,

If you have the eCommerce version, you do NOT have to use a code from PayPal in order for your customers to process their purchases. That's why you are being sent back to PayPal on one item. You're not using the store shopping cart setup when you do that. You're only giving a point of payment for an individual product.

You just need to add PayPal as a payment processor in your settings. Then list your products in the store setup (not individually on a page for purchase). Please see the notes in my last reply and the links to the store help files to build your product inventory. While you can choose featured items on a page with the appropriate section choice, listing your products in the setup (as opposed to posting each on pages) allows the program to create the product pages behind the scenes for you. That's where customers will make the purchases.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at godaddy.com/help/contact-us

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
    TLH

Hi @positiveval,

Welcome to the Community!

There are two possibilities that you are seeing here. The first is that you don't have the ECommerce plan, so while the PayPal option is included, it's primarily for one-time donations or individual purchases. There will be no shopping cart option to allow the visitor to add multiple items. 

The second is that you DO have the ECommerce version, but have not completed the store setup. You can use these set of guides to help you with your setup while you build. Make sure when you add a section to show your categories or products, you choose a section labeled for Products or Categories to connect them to the products you've set up in your store.

Hello @TLH 🙂
    I DO have the ECommerce version, and I have completed the store setup. I reviewed the setup guidelines and it seems like I did everything correct. I did set up a business PayPal account and even found a place in PayPal to "copy the code" for what seemed like an appropriate button to "add to cart". I disconnected and reconnected my PayPal link to see if that would help. But the builder doesn't seem to have the option I need. 
    Do you know if there is someone I can hire to fix this?
    Valerie

Hi @positiveval,

If you have the eCommerce version, you do NOT have to use a code from PayPal in order for your customers to process their purchases. That's why you are being sent back to PayPal on one item. You're not using the store shopping cart setup when you do that. You're only giving a point of payment for an individual product.

You just need to add PayPal as a payment processor in your settings. Then list your products in the store setup (not individually on a page for purchase). Please see the notes in my last reply and the links to the store help files to build your product inventory. While you can choose featured items on a page with the appropriate section choice, listing your products in the setup (as opposed to posting each on pages) allows the program to create the product pages behind the scenes for you. That's where customers will make the purchases.

View solution in original post